Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 06-21-2019, 03:08 AM   #1
Iris-maybe
Iris-maybe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite2
Audible escape, download audible aaxc file instead of aax

Today, I download the Audible file (from Audible escape) in AAXC, not aax as usual. What's this new format? I can not convert it use my Audible Converter tool. Any solution??
Iris-maybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:57 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Audible escape is a monthly subscription service isn't it? A lot of DRM removal tools don't work with subscription media.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:50 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris-maybe View Post
Today, I download the Audible file (from Audible escape) in AAXC, not aax as usual. What's this new format? I can not convert it use my Audible Converter tool. Any solution??
Why are you trying to convert it? Audible Escape is a rental program. You don't own these books.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:02 AM   #4
Iris-maybe

I figure it out. Audible for android has been updated on 6/20/2019, and for audible books downloaded from that day are in aaxc format no matter my purchased books or my subscription(from audible escape).
Old 06-24-2019, 12:41 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
But is the new format only for Android downloads? If I can't convert Audible books downloaded to my PC, it's a dealbreaker and I'll bid Audible adios.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Audible books downloaded to your PC are still downloaded as .aax. Or, I assume, .aa, though I've switched to always using enhanced since there appear to be fewer problems cleaning and converting them to m4b or mp3. (I've confirmed this today, downloading a book from my library as .aax.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #7
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Audible books downloaded to your PC are still downloaded as .aax. Or, I assume, .aa, though I've switched to always using enhanced since there appear to be fewer problems cleaning and converting them to m4b or mp3. (I've confirmed this today, downloading a book from my library as .aax.)
Yes, I downloaded several books today as well and they were all .aax as well. No problems converting to mp3's for backup.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #8
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Yes, I downloaded several books today as well and they were all .aax as well. No problems converting to mp3's for backup.
As did I. Though I convert to m4b rather than mp3. I find it behaves better for books if your device(s) support it, including embedded chapters, etc.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:44 PM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Thanks!

When I tried a download, I got a weird error message, and I didn't feel like calling Audible to try to figure it out, when my attempt was just a test. Hopefully the glitch will fix itself before I really want to download a title.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:59 PM   #10
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Make sure you have "Check for Audible Download Manager" turned OFF in your profile.

Charlie.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:50 AM   #11
Iris-maybe

Yes, the audible books downloaded to my pc are also in aax format. I just checked my audible app for android and it seems it has updated to 2.37.0 on 6/20/2019. I think this is the real reason that my downloads are in aaxc format.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:39 AM   #12
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
As did I. Though I convert to m4b rather than mp3. I find it behaves better for books if your device(s) support it, including embedded chapters, etc.
I convert the most recent to that as well, I was just using mp3 as short hand. I never really noticed much of a difference in the two.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:09 PM   #13
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Hello everyone...
I just bought a new sony walkman and it does not play audible files .
I am looking for some ideas on what I can use to convert my audible books to mp3? I have years worth of their books that I have paid for and would like to continue on my new device.
I have read on this forum many threads where people mention that they can convert their audible books to mp3, but they haven't mentioned their method of doing the conversions. Can anyone give me any advice on how I can do that?
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #14
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Hello everyone...
I just bought a new sony walkman and it does not play audible files .
I am looking for some ideas on what I can use to convert my audible books to mp3? I have years worth of their books that I have paid for and would like to continue on my new device.
I have read on this forum many threads where people mention that they can convert their audible books to mp3, but they haven't mentioned their method of doing the conversions. Can anyone give me any advice on how I can do that?
Since we're talking about removing the DRM from Audible files, the short answer is no. There are solutions out there, and GIYF is probably the best answer we can give you.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #15
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
We don’t allow detailed help with DRM-removal here nor direct download links, but people are free to link to helpful pages and instructions, and name likely resources.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote