Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Ebook Stores that Work with the PP?

It seems since the new publisher pricing rules set in all my usual places of buying ebooks have stop carrying newer titles. I'm having a hard time finding them anywhere! It seems only Amazon, B&N, Borders and Sony are carrying them.

Does the PP work with Sony's ebook store or can anyone recommend a store that is carrying the newer Fiction titles that works with the EZreader pretty please.

I'm afraid I'm going to have start buying paperbacks again which is silly seeing I have a ebook reader. I don't care I have to pay full price for a ebook it's availability that matters to me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Blossom: science fiction is specialty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It seems since the new publisher pricing rules set in all my usual places of buying ebooks have stop carrying newer titles. I'm having a hard time finding them anywhere! It seems only Amazon, B&N, Borders and Sony are carrying them.

Does the PP work with Sony's ebook store or can anyone recommend a store that is carrying the newer Fiction titles that works with the EZreader pretty please.

I'm afraid I'm going to have start buying paperbacks again which is silly seeing I have a ebook reader. I don't care I have to pay full price for a ebook it's availability that matters to me.
Dear Blossom:

If you are talking Science Fiction we have more than most at: www.EZread.com and at lower prices. We also have a free new Novel by Steven Lake up

If you are talking DRM General Fiction, we have the contracts in and are expecting to have at least Penquin and Harper-Collins titles back up and selling by the end of this week. The rest of the Agency Model publishers are also going to be on our site soon!

We are working as fast as possible to get the contracts signed and executed. Those two are done and we are just waiting for the download to begin.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Robert this is great news! I checked EZRead.com first and all the other sites recommended on the EZreader site. It seems everyone is having these issues. I read mostly romance novels and finding the newer titles for that or Paranormal fiction is tough since April.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:

PP will work with Sony's ebook store but it does not support direct download. You can use ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) for that. None DRM files can simply loaded directly using drag and drop.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Thank you Dale! They do have the titles I am looking for so I'm relieved it will work!
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The log jam is about to break!!

Quote:
Robert this is great news! I checked EZRead.com first and all the other sites recommended on the EZreader site. It seems everyone is having these issues. I read mostly romance novels and finding the newer titles for that or Paranormal fiction is tough since April.
Dear Blossom:

Yes, the logjam caused by the Agency Model is finally dissolving. We will have the Penquin and Harper-Collins up by end of this week and the other three should follow next week if all goes smoothly.

The key thing is that the end is in sight and ALL of the titles will be up soon.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
That's GREAT news Robert. It will be nice to actually find the books I'm looking for.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
Robertb

It has been far too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
That's GREAT news Robert. It will be nice to actually find the books I'm looking for.
Dear cfrizz:

It has been the most halacious mess I have ever seen. The 5 Publishers COULD have said: The Agency Model Will Start in Two Months. That way all would have been fine. Instead they closed everything down and then everybody had to draft new contracts and send them around and get them double-signed and then re-organize their websites. It hit instantly and it has had no order, little sense of urgency, and a whole lot of questions.

I am not against the Agency Model... BUT I hate the way it was handled. Millions have been dis-serviced by this. It has ruined the start of our website. This was handled in the meanest way from the poor customer's standpoint.

SO... some movement is welcome; but I will stay on this screaming until itis all done.

Our eBook Store is working perfectly now. We will still be adding features and are going to do a complete front page re-design to make it more comfortable... but we need people, badly, to purchase. Having ALL the titles back will help!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Robert I will keep an eye out for when EZRead does get the major publishers titles up. If you add PayPal as payment source that would defiantly be great as well.

I decided against using Sony's store. I loath the brand since the SecuRom fiasco many of us gamers faced in 2008 with EA besides they wanted me to install their own software and in no way that's gonna happen. So I kept searching and found Kobo which seems to have all the latest titles and the format is ADE's EPUB and no software to install other then ADE. It Couldn't of been easier and I'm very happy to finally found a source for my Pocket Pro again!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
Robertb

Kobo is my competitor.

Quote:
Robert I will keep an eye out for when EZRead does get the major publishers titles up. If you add PayPal as payment source that would defiantly be great as well.

I decided against using Sony's store. I loath the brand since the SecuRom fiasco many of us gamers faced in 2008 with EA besides they wanted me to install their own software and in no way that's gonna happen. So I kept searching and found Kobo which seems to have all the latest titles and the format is ADE's EPUB and no software to install other then ADE. It Couldn't of been easier and I'm very happy to finally found a source for my Pocket Pro again!
Dear Blossom:

I am happy for you; but Kobo is our biggest competition.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #11
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
I bought a book from kobo. Much nicer site than myezread.com with much better selection and interface.

problem is it was epub and looks god aweful on pocket pro. As soon as you zoom you lose reading real estate and are confined to a narrow rectangle with text. sux.

i dont want to run scripts to remove the drm. any easy way with ADE? darn.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #12
Robertb

EZread.com approved today for Agency Model eBooks.

Dear All:

We were approved today for carrying the Agency Model eBooks on www.EZRead.com. The webmaster will start working tonight to get them posted.

EPUB has been proven to work wonderfully on the Pocket PRO. EPUB is a Universal Standard and with the latest firmware upgrade you get 9 font sizes in EPUB.

You will find EPUB to be the format of choice on www.EZread.com.

Last edited by Robertb; 05-18-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

We were approved today for carrying the Agency Model eBooks on www.EZRead.com. The webmaster will start working tonight to get them posted.
Wonderful news! Just in time for June's new titles that are coming out.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
I bought a book from kobo. Much nicer site than myezread.com with much better selection and interface.

problem is it was epub and looks god aweful on pocket pro. As soon as you zoom you lose reading real estate and are confined to a narrow rectangle with text. sux.

i dont want to run scripts to remove the drm. any easy way with ADE? darn.
I wonder if ebooks from Kobo are formatted to work with the Kobo reader and the 5 font size options?

I know about the zoom and the narrowing of text, perhaps someone can be a little more clear about it, but I believe it is an issue with the code of the epub. I have worked out a set of settings with Calibre that work well with non-drm epubs to zoom and keep a reasonably narrow margin when zooming (only works for the first 3 zooms).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:20 AM   #15
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I've had that issue with ePub-format books purchased from several retailers. I think it's not so much the retailer as the publisher.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote