Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
SpyderKB
SpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: eBookwise eBook
Bricked 505 HELP!

EDIT: Okay, I got the problem solved by FINISHING the soft reset procedure

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Sony_Portable_Reader#Soft_Reset

I'll leave my original post below to help other newbies in similar situations

Sigh,

So, I just customized my 505 successfully with PRSC, and changed the font to one I liked using Valloric's excellent guide successfully. HAd to have a few goes to get both right, but everything worked fine Then came the time when I was going to delete all the customization files off my memory card. I inserted the card into the reader, connected the 505 to my computer and realised I probably should be doing this the other way around, so removed the card before the computer could recognise it. Now my 505's screen is stuck on Valloric's "Run Scrpit" screen with the various options.

I've tried the reset button, and Valloric's guide to un-bricking the 505. Neither worked. When I run the "PRS-505 Updater.exe" it says my 505 isn't connected, though it is.

GAH! Please help

Last edited by SpyderKB; 09-02-2009 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Problem sloved
SpyderKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:24 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Glad you were able to solve your problem and welcome to MR. I think the link is not working in your post, so the below link should work for anyone wanting to know what information you used.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Sony...der#Soft_Reset
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert