Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Post Unzip (debian)

As requested.... Unzip. extracted from debian

Quote:
UnZip 6.00 of 20 April 2009, by Debian. Original by Info-ZIP.

Usage: unzip [-Z] [-opts[modifiers]] file[.zip][list] [-x xlist] [-d exdir]
Default action is to extract files in list, except those in xlist, to exdir;
file[.zip] may be a wildcard. -Z => ZipInfo mode ("unzip -Z" for usage).

-p extract files to pipe, no messages -l list files (short format)
-f freshen existing files, create none -t test compressed archive data
-u update files, create if necessary -z display archive comment only
-v list verbosely/show version info -T timestamp archive to latest
-x exclude files that follow (in xlist) -d extract files into exdir
modifiers:
-n never overwrite existing files -q quiet mode (-qq => quieter)
-o overwrite files WITHOUT prompting -a auto-convert any text files
-j junk paths (do not make directories) -aa treat ALL files as text
-U use escapes for all non-ASCII Unicode -UU ignore any Unicode fields
-C match filenames case-insensitively -L make (some) names lowercase
-X restore UID/GID info -V retain VMS version numbers
-K keep setuid/setgid/tacky permissions -M pipe through "more" pager
See "unzip -hh" or unzip.txt for more help. Examples:
unzip data1 -x joe => extract all files except joe from zipfile data1.zip
unzip -p foo | more => send contents of foo.zip via pipe into program more
unzip -fo foo ReadMe => quietly replace existing ReadMe if archive file newer
It does occur to me that the reason you may want this is you can't open zips... so I attached a few formats to maximise your chances of getting it uncompressed.

(if you total fail let me know and I'll attach the uncompressed one with a goofy name)

Enjoy HTH
Attached Files
File Type: zip unzip.zip (70.8 KB, 285 views)
File Type: gz unzip.tar.gz (74.1 KB, 379 views)
File Type: tar unzip.tar (150.0 KB, 235 views)
File Type: gz unzip.gz (74.0 KB, 309 views)
File Type: bz2 unzip.bz2 (71.7 KB, 223 views)

Last edited by twobob; 11-27-2012 at 07:28 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

reserved for other notes
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
I love that unzip is packaged in an zip archive......
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I love that unzip is packaged in an zip archive......
Not to worry,
there is a README file inside the archive that explains how to deal with that situation.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Not to worry,
there is a README file inside the archive that explains how to deal with that situation.
Gotta love READMEs
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
twobob

A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery Inside an Enigma in a Quandry inside an Archive
Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #7
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

It is great how it will help other noobs in this forum.
I am one of them.

I red all Readmes and the other documentaries with no chance to understand to do.

I think i have to work with the unix folder?
Because the other folder names me do not say anythings.

I founded that i have to use thefollowing command "make sunos" for extracting UnZip in the current directory but I do not find the make file.

I am really noob at this new system but all i can learn and i hope you can explain me the way to extract the UnZip from anywhere.

Best regards
JohnSheepert

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 11-28-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
twobob

unzip filename.zip
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
unzip filename.zip
Sorry for my bad explaination.
I know know how to use unzip. For example you have unrar2 file in xterm/opt so you use "unzip2 [options] file..." but to use this you need the unzip2 file in the xterm/opt folder because in the bin folder I have no permission.
I unpacked your unzip archive already but the problem is where i find this unzip2 file? Have i for example to extract it from the unzip.h or unzip.c or what have I to do? There are so many files and folders that i am a little confused.

Best regards
Bagerfahrer

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 11-28-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
twobob

screenshot?

pointing arrows and "MAKE THIS WORK" labels?

I don't quite understand. I am sorry.

A picture speaks a thousand words. (In all languages)
Old 11-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

Hello Twobob,

I say you need no pictures.

Short question. What have I do with your archive?

What i know is I have to unpack the archive.

Best regards
Bagerfahrer
Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #12
twobob

Ah yeah. I remember now. no pictures... doh...

Just unpack it.

Put it somewhere in your $PATH and run it?

you can of course setup a script to do this to, or an extension.

lots of into on here... You didn't say what language you actually speak.

Here is some info in Russian about this stuff.

Tags
debian, kindle touch, unzip