Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
kermodi
kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PRS 505 and PRS - T1
Calibre problem ...

I've set Calibre to save to disk as follows (with all other options unticked):

{author_sort} - {title}

to give me a simple list - 'author lastname/author firstname - book title'

Calibre is saving - not only as above - but is also making a 'new folder' with each conversion - AND also saving the 'orginal epub' or 'orginal mobi'.

In order to delete the "new folder' that was created with each conversion - I have to close Calibre completely.

How can I stop Calibre from saving the 'new folder' - plus the 'orginal epub' with every conversion.

Note - I have ALL other option on the "Save to Disk" screen UNticked.

Thanks
kermodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kermodi View Post
I've set Calibre to save to disk as follows (with all other options unticked):

{author_sort} - {title}

to give me a simple list - 'author lastname/author firstname - book title'

Calibre is saving - not only as above - but is also making a 'new folder' with each conversion - AND also saving the 'orginal epub' or 'orginal mobi'.

In order to delete the "new folder' that was created with each conversion - I have to close Calibre completely.

How can I stop Calibre from saving the 'new folder' - plus the 'orginal epub' with every conversion.

Note - I have ALL other option on the "Save to Disk" screen UNticked.

Thanks
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
kermodi
kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kermodi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Gee, thanks for that.

How does this differ from any other Calibre related question?

[This has only happened since updating to v0.9.5 - is it a bug?]
Old 11-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Gee, thanks for that.

How does this differ from any other Calibre related question?

[This has only happened since updating to v0.9.5 - is it a bug?]
STD has never created those files, they only exist within the Library (the subject of the link) as a (optional) result of a same (in-out) format conversion.
STD will send all files if a default format is not specified in STD configuration: 'File Formats to Save'
Old 11-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
kermodi

Thank you for this ...
On the 'Output Options' - I have .epub selected
On the 'Save to Disk' screen - ONLY "convert non-english ..." is selected.

Not sure where else to look (?)
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thank you for this ...
On the 'Output Options' - I have .epub selected
On the 'Save to Disk' screen - ONLY "convert non-english ..." is selected.

Not sure where else to look (?)
Preferences: Save to Disk
Old 11-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
kermodi

On the 'save to disk' screen I changed 'file formats to save' from ALL to .epub

Now Calibre is not saving the orginal file (as before) - but it is still putting the original file, plus book covers and opf file into a "new folder" - in addition to giving me the desired {author_sort} - {title} file.

Is there a way to get rid of the folder and all the extra info inside?

Nothing is checked on the top of the 'save to disk' page now.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
kermodi

Just realized something - the "new folder" with the orginal file, the opf file and the book cover - are created the moment they are added to Calibre. (before checking/changing metadata - or converting).
Old 11-08-2012, 03:36 AM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot change how Calibre stores files inside its library. The Save to Disk template is for exporting files to locations outside the Calibre library.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
kermodi

Can you tell me the default location for the Calibre library?

I used the setup wizard for the first time, when I installed v0.9.5 - and I changed the default library folder - I'm wondering if all my problems stem from that.

Anyone?

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Can you tell me the default location for the Calibre library?

I used the setup wizard for the first time, when I installed v0.9.5 - and I changed the default library folder - I'm wondering if all my problems stem from that.

Anyone?

Thanks!
search (in the OS) for metadata.db
that is your (a) library. You can have many (if you need/want them).
The only requirement is you must have full rights (RWX) to the folder (and it is a good idea to exclude these folder(s) from anti-virus scans for performance. The books were scanned before import)
I have a few installs, some use a default, others are custom (even o alternate drives)
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
kermodi

Thank you for the response.

I finally got it going ...

What I'd done without realizing, was to direct the library to be created in the same folder I was using for downloads.

the 'new folder' that was being created WAS the library.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thank you for the response.

I finally got it going ...

What I'd done without realizing, was to direct the library to be created in the same folder I was using for downloads.

the 'new folder' that was being created WAS the library.
You should never place anything into the Library by any other means that Calibre's interface (GUI or CLI). If it did not Come in or be deleted by the (Calibre) Librarian, the the records get
Old 11-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #14
kermodi

Haven't a clue what I was thinking - obviously I was NOT, at the time.
Too much going on around here ...

Thank you for your help ... much appreciated!