Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
cstn1987
Enthusiast
cstn1987 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Brutal - Book 1 - Currently FREE Dystopian/Horror/Scifi

Brutal - FREE until midnight as of 8/17

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G2ERAI2

When modern society ceases to exist, trust, compassion, and morality become a seductive disease – leading to the absence of reason... and in this new world it can only mean death.

Brutal - The tragic, gripping, and at times, even disturbing story of a man and his family trying to survive after the world just stops.

A series of earthquakes have left the entire country without power. The military has mysteriously declared martial law and blocked all the major roads. Trapping Chris and his family in one of the many rural areas of Trinity County, California. The emergency broadcast system is offline and cellphones can no longer acquire signals. Without any information, ways to get food, or clean water - panic breaks out - hunger and desperation soon follow.

Featuring alternate "Dark Ending" - Not for the faint of heart.

The point of this story is to go against the grain. To show the dangers associated with naivety and inexperience. That not everyone magically turns into a badass/survival expert and makes all the right decisions when shit hits the fan. Sometimes experiencing tragedy is the only way to learn.

Last edited by cstn1987; 08-17-2016 at 10:03 PM.
cstn1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hurry up with book 4 and put them in an Omnibus as I abhor serials. I want it all in one.
Oh and check your PMs here.
Great start.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 05-04-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #3
cstn1987
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Hurry up with book 4 and put them in an Omnibus as I abhor serials. I want it all at one.
Oh and check your PMs here.
Great start.
Way things are going, there's probably gonna be a book 5... parts 2 & 3 are considerably longer btw. 3 has an alternate ending that concludes the series at the end too... just to keep people busy while they wait. The "dark ending"
Old 05-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do pull a Hugh when you get it finished for those who want the entire thing at once.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #5
cstn1987
Enthusiast

Quote:
Do pull a Hugh when you get it finished for those who want the entire thing at once.
Oh I definitely plan on it... I made the mistake of making the first book too short - wanted it to a be a 99c book leading to longer ones that cost more. Just so people wouldn't mind taking the risk on an unknown author.

Unfortunately that disqualifies me from most of the advertising sites that get people into the top 100. So I have to release it as a whole once I'm done.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstn1987 View Post
Oh I definitely plan on it... I made the mistake of making the first book too short - wanted it to a be a 99c book leading to longer ones that cost more. Just so people wouldn't mind taking the risk on an unknown author.

Unfortunately that disqualifies me from most of the advertising sites that get people into the top 100. So I have to release it as a whole once I'm done.
Well now, keep the serial but also put it all together.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:47 PM   #7
cstn1987
Enthusiast

Full book is now available - Free until midnight starting today (8/17)
Old 08-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Hey there.
Do yourself a favor. Lose that first line in the book description. It just looks tacky.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:57 PM   #9
cstn1987
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hey there.
Do yourself a favor. Lose that first line in the book description. It just looks tacky.

Yeah, I had a feeling about that... Thanks for confirming it.

I just felt the need because the person who reviewed it on the US site only gave it three stars because they felt it was "anti-gun", which is ridiculous. And they also failed to understand (even though I thoroughly explained it) that the main character lived in the middle of nowhere and the town was blocked off by the military so he had no access to stores along the way.

I actually used google earth to get a visual of where the character lives, and even what stores are around. I mapped out the entire journey and made it as accurate as possible. Literally down the the miles that they had to travel and the roads they used.

He also failed to understand its a mystery as to why martial law has been declared (Also make that very clear.)
Old 08-17-2016, 11:20 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Rule #1. Do NOT read your reviews.
And remember a review is nothing but an opinion.
Opinions are like A**holes, everyone has one and some stink.