Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Penjak44
Penjak44 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950
Question Need help with Adobe Digital Editions

I just borrowed some ebooks from my library using Adobe Digital Editions. I have an Adobe ID and I authorized my nook. I was able to download the book, but it will not open on my nook. I get a message that says "user not activated". Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? I did not have any trouble reading the free public domain books my library offers, just the borrowed books.

Thanks in advance.
Penjak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
ksmith100056
ksmith100056 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Yep, I had a very similar problem.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117737

The good people on this forum 'fixxed' me right up!
ksmith100056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Penjak44

Unhappy Can't get ADE to authorize nook

No matter how many times i delete the files and ADE, I still can't get ADE to prompt me to authorize my nook.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penjak44 View Post
No matter how many times i delete the files and ADE, I still can't get ADE to prompt me to authorize my nook.
You need to explain step by step what you are doing.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
You need to:
1) hook your nook up to the computer and delete the ENTIRE folder named "adobe digital editions" through My Computer
2) restart your nook (totally off and then totally on)
3) hook the nook back up to the computer and open ADE. It will ask to authorize device, do so, and then drag the books and you'll be ready to go.
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
ksmith100056
ksmith100056 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
I had to delete two entire folders on my Nook.

.adobe-digital-editions
and
Digital Editions
ksmith100056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
Penjak44

I followed the steps described by jedifarfy exactly and still was not prompted to authorize nook. Can you suggest anything else? I do not have the folder .adobe-digital-editions on my nook. I am using a Mac if that changes anything.
Thanks.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penjak44 View Post
I followed the steps described by jedifarfy exactly and still was not prompted to authorize nook. Can you suggest anything else? I do not have the folder .adobe-digital-editions on my nook. I am using a Mac if that changes anything.
Thanks.
Any filename that starts with a period is "hidden" by the Mac OS. That's why you can't see it.

Edit: Open Terminal (under Utilities) on your Mac and type in the following (as is), or copy and paste:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true
HIT ENTER

killall Finder
HIT ENTER

Then view the content of the NOOKcolor. You'll see many filenames with a period as the first character.

Last edited by SCION; 02-03-2011 at 01:29 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
Penjak44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Any filename that starts with a period is "hidden" by the Mac OS. That's why you can't see it.

Edit: Open Terminal (under Utilities) on your Mac and type in the following (as is), or copy and paste:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true
HIT ENTER

killall Finder
HIT ENTER

Then view the content of the NOOKcolor. You'll see many filenames with a period as the first character.
Problem Solved!
This forum has come through again. Thank you all so much for your help!

Tags
adobe digital editions, library ebooks, nook, overdrive