Connoisseur
SirBC is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Very cool!
SirBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'd suggest posting the patch, you can generate it with

bzr send -o mypatch

or if you prefer a normal patch

bzr diff > mypatch
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi Kovid,

Happy to generate the patch file and (presumably) add it to the tracker with a feature request.

However I think I need a slightly different command line since I did all this against revision 6785 (the tag of 2.7.6)?
So to get the code I had done:

bzr branch lp:calibre
bzr revert -r 6785

If it is all too hard I can get the latest code and reapply changes to that. It's only a few files that were changed - feel free to tell me the recommended way to get the latest too
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

bzr diff should still work against a reverted checkout
Old 11-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #20
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
bzr diff should still work against a reverted checkout
Well the diff file that "bzr diff > xxx.txt" produces is 46600 lines! and is listing an awful lot more than just my changes?

For instance the file starts with changes to Changelog.yaml with version information for 0.7.27. So I think it might be comparing against the latest on the trunk or something?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah you didn't commit the reversion before making your changes, my fault, I forgot to tell you to do that.

The simplest way to generate the diff would be

bzr commit

and then

bzr diff -r number

where number is the same as the number you used for revert.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #22
kiwidude

Thanks Kovid. There was one more step I had to do, and that was "bzr add" to ensure the new files got committed.

Generated the patch file and put in a zip along with the image binaries, attached to ticket #7502. Hope it is of use to someone as a starting point at least.