Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 01:42 AM   #181
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
ekaser, I'm sure I would not be willing to pay for the great ereaders you are describing, although if there was ever a giveaway I'd be happy to get one that way! *l* The price of the Pocket Pro is one of the main selling points for me.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:38 AM   #182
cam8801
cam8801 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EzReader Pro 5"
Hey guys,

great thread! I've been using the PP for almost a month. I would love to see a percentage (it's been mentioned), but in the file list. I'd like to see just how far into a book i am without having to load the book. This could be configurable, so maybe seeing either a percentage or numbered. ie: 58% or 265/478

I'd also love to be able to see the book's cover and synopsis from the file list also. If using Calibre, it should already be in the meta data.

Both have been mentioned before, but thought i'd add my support and variations.

Cheers,

Cam
cam8801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #183
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
AS FOR MY IDEA... I would like to see the ability to turn Flash refresh off like on the GEN3 then it looks like the words just change instead of a whole flash of the page.... much nicer on the eyes....me thinks.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:16 AM   #184
RobertP
RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've finished a book on my reader since I got it. I would also like to suggest some sort of percentage that lets you know how far into the book you are. It's really weird not knowing if you're 50 pages from the end or 2 pages from the end. It would also avoid putting the book down when you only have 2 more pages to go instead of simply finishing those 2 pages and the book.

A percentage would work, but a page number like 230/545 would work even better. I don't think this should be displayed on the screen at all times, but it could be displayed when pressing the menu button or something like that. I don't believe it'd be too hard ti implement either.
RobertP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #185
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
I've finished a book on my reader since I got it. I would also like to suggest some sort of percentage that lets you know how far into the book you are. It's really weird not knowing if you're 50 pages from the end or 2 pages from the end. It would also avoid putting the book down when you only have 2 more pages to go instead of simply finishing those 2 pages and the book.

A percentage would work, but a page number like 230/545 would work even better. I don't think this should be displayed on the screen at all times, but it could be displayed when pressing the menu button or something like that. I don't believe it'd be too hard ti implement either.
The pages (really, screens) 230/545, don't work like you think the do
They are a best-guess of the book length of the book at the opening font size.
If you make the font bigger (needs more screens), the numbers do not always reflect the change.
I have seen a book that said xxx/750 that I switched fonts bigger,
go 749/750, 750/751 ... all the way to 1024/1025, 1025/1025

I strongly lean towards % of File (images will skew this slightly, but it will remain stable
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #186
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:

You will be happy to learn that this is already implemented in PDF and ePUB files. Just press the menu button just as you suggested.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #187
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
You will be happy to learn that this is already implemented in PDF and ePUB files. Just press the menu button just as you suggested.

Dale
I believe it also works with fb2 files.

irenas
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #188
RobertP
RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys! Now that I notice those page numbers, I'm happy. Even if, like theducks mentioned, those numbers become inaccurate once you change the font size, they are still very helpful because if you transform them into a percentage, they are still accurate. So for all intent and purposes, they do what they're supposed to (if you don't mind doing some quick calculations in your head).

I can't speak with certainty, but I don't believe it would be too difficult to fix this problem. The page numbers are calculated when the ebook is opened, correct? I'm guessing this is a reason of the loading time it takes an ebook to open. I'm assuming it would be too difficult to re-calculate those numbers each time the font size is changed, but those numbers should be re-calculated every time the ebook is opened. We have the advantage of the reader remembering the font size settings when you turn it off, right? So when you re-open the ebook to continue reading, it knows what size font it is set at, and so it should calculate the page numbers based on that font size, and not the original size. I, personally, only change the font size at the beginning, and I stick with the same size until I finish the book. So if this is implemented, it would work perfectly for me, and all other users who don't change their font size all the time.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #189
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Well I got my PP today and after having it out of the box for only 5 min I have found on thing that is going to drive me nuts. There needs to be a way to swap the functions of the 9 and 0 buttons with the menu/ok buttons. I find that when holding the unit in my right hand that my thumb falls naturally on the big round buttons so they would be best in my opinion for page turning.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #190
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Try your Index finger on the scroll wheel on the side. I use that more when holding in my right.
I use the Page turn buttons when I hold in my left and almost never use the 9,0 buttons.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #191
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
Which means nothing if the numbers are not right. For instance, I have read quite a few MOBI files and I have yet to read one that has the right page count. That feature is most annoying because it is defective and does not work. If it DID work, it would be most valuable!

I have also noticed the progress bar in FB2 reader is always spot on. But there is also a bug in that (ARGH!) in that it is not possible to move the bar to the bottom of the page. It is only visible when it is set to be on top. A minor problem, yes, but still annoying.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #192
RobertP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Which means nothing if the numbers are not right. For instance, I have read quite a few MOBI files and I have yet to read one that has the right page count. That feature is most annoying because it is defective and does not work. If it DID work, it would be most valuable!
Well he hasn't mentioned MOBI, so that's probably why you're having trouble with it. But like I've said above, if you transform the numbers into a percentage, it should be fairly accurate. So if it says 100/300 it means you're a third into the book.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #193
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Well he hasn't mentioned MOBI, so that's probably why you're having trouble with it. But like I've said above, if you transform the numbers into a percentage, it should be fairly accurate. So if it says 100/300 it means you're a third into the book.
I am reading a PDF book ("Do Cats Hear With Their Feet?" and it turns out, yes they do!) which tells me I have 241 pages. (Or screens?) I am eager to get to the end just to see how accurate this is on PDF.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #194
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Try your Index finger on the scroll wheel on the side. I use that more when holding in my right.
I use the Page turn buttons when I hold in my left and almost never use the 9,0 buttons.
That would work for me if the scroll wheel were about 1/2" lower other wise when holding it comfortably my thumb covers the corner of the screen.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #195
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Have to cordially disagree. I have three ebook readers and have tested the K1, Opus and two others and think the PP is excellent ergonomically.... then Again. I read it mostly in Landscape mode..as I do most books... you might want to try that...may help ...????!!!
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote