Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 07:55 AM   #1
ormus23
ormus23 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
RemoteInk x InkPad 3 x USB?

I've bought an InkPad 3, mainly because I want to use it with RemoteInk (plugged into a Raspberry Pi).

However, I want to do this without wifi - rather, via USB, as I'm sensitive to wifi signals.

Is there any way of doing this? I've since discovered that I can't make it work as instructed on Github, as the InkPad 3 doesn't have USB Networking, as previous models did...

Would be mighty grateful for some help with this.
ormus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
Inkpad 3 doesn't allow usbnet in stock firmware, all the new gen devices (circa post 2016) don't, unless you root the device. That tutorial is for older devices that have the option in settings menu. Also make sure to use well shielded usb cable, those guys emit EM like crazy too :>

Seriously tho, usbnet is also often better choice because it can just achieve better speeds for remoteink refresh/file transfers than wifi.
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
ormus23
ormus23 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Inkpad 3 doesn't allow usbnet in stock firmware, all the new gen devices (circa post 2016) don't, unless you root the device. That tutorial is for older devices that have the option in settings menu.
So I've gathered. Although this 'rooting' concept is a new one to me.

Quote:
Also make sure to use well shielded usb cable, those guys emit EM like crazy too :>
It's a case of 2.4GHz vs ELF... I choose ELFs. Valid point re shielding. I now get arthritic symptoms in my hand from typing on the laptop keyboard, though that's likely to do with the magnetic field.

Quote:
usbnet is also often better choice because it can just achieve better speeds for remoteink refresh/file transfers than wifi.
So, I see that there's a tutorial here, just looking at which makes my head hurt... but I guess I'll be able to follow all the instructions with a clear head, assuming it's the right one to use for my non Pro InkPad 3?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325185
ormus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:33 AM   #4
jelbo
jelbo began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormus23 View Post
So, I see that there's a tutorial here, just looking at which makes my head hurt... but I guess I'll be able to follow all the instructions with a clear head, assuming it's the right one to use for my non Pro InkPad 3?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325185
There's a lot of background info in that topic, but it's as easy as unpacking the .zip archive to the applications folder in your PocketBook storage and running two applications. The readme is pretty clear on the whole process.

It should work fine on your InkPad 3, it did on my Touch HD 3. Good luck!
jelbo is offline   Reply With Quote