Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 11-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Audible returns

Is there a limit to returning Audible books? I returned one earlier today. Just tried to return another and it doesn't want to let me. The first one was 3.99. The second was a $2.99 deal of the day.

Both are recent purchases.

Both are boring.

Guess I will contact CS.

Does one's account get flagged for making returns?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:37 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I don't see anything about a limit in their Terms:

Quote:
Terms and Conditions: Audible’s “Great Listen Guarantee” is a beta program available to certain members in good standing. Any member who is not fully satisfied with his or her listening experience may return such book for a full refund within 365 days of purchase. Free books are not eligible for this program. Books purchased with credits will be refunded with credits. Books purchased with money will be refunded with money. Books purchased using a combination of money and a coupon or promotional code will be refunded with money and a reactivation of the coupon or promotional code used. Audible reserves the right in its sole discretion to limit the number of refunds allowed by each member, including, but not limited to, in cases where Audible suspects abuse of the program. Audible may change these terms and conditions or may cancel the program with respect to any or all participants at any time. Void where prohibited.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
If you are not a member you can return 2 per six months. Members don't have limits but they do ask you not to return frequently.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:14 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I contacted them via email and they refunded it.

I am actually a member at this time.

I don't return often, and 2 in one day is definitely not the norm for me. I am glad I was able to return it. Maybe I'll watch the movie, sometime. (The Andromeda Strain). I just couldn't get into the audio book.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've returned 3 in one day so something may have changed recently.
Advert
Old 11-24-2015, 04:06 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I don't return often, and 2 in one day is definitely not the norm for me. I am glad I was able to return it. Maybe I'll watch the movie, sometime. (The Andromeda Strain). I just couldn't get into the audio book.
The movie was suspenseful for its day (1971). I keep meaning to listen to the audiobook.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:56 PM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The movie was suspenseful for its day (1971). I keep meaning to listen to the audiobook.
I think I would do better with the ebook.

The other one I returned was The Martian. I watched the movie and loved it. But the audio book didn't do it for me.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:33 PM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I'm surprised at so many returns. The only book I ever returned to Audible was One Step Too Far. It was supposed to be a thriller, so I doggedly listened, waiting for the big reveal and the plot twists, but they never happened. It was more chick lit than thriller, and if it were so labeled, I wouldn't have gone near it. The waste of time made me so angry that I immediately returned it.

I've listened to a lot of books that I thought were just dumb or mediocre, but they didn't make me feel like I was hoodwinked the way One Step Too Far did, so I never considered returning them.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #9
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I've only returned one. I wanted a comfort listen when I had an eye issue and couldn't read, so I got The Prisoner of Zenda. But Bernard Mayes's querulous old-man voice was all wrong for Rudolf Rassendyll, so back it went. I only owned it for about 15 minutes, so I figured that was proof of no shenanigans. I ended up listening to the Librivox version, which was far better.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #10
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I think I would do better with the ebook.

The other one I returned was The Martian. I watched the movie and loved it. But the audio book didn't do it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've only returned one. I wanted a comfort listen when I had an eye issue and couldn't read, so I got The Prisoner of Zenda. But Bernard Mayes's querulous old-man voice was all wrong for Rudolf Rassendyll, so back it went. I only owned it for about 15 minutes, so I figured that was proof of no shenanigans. I ended up listening to the Librivox version, which was far better.
I thought the narrator on The Martian sounded way too old for the character, too. I don't know if I thought he sounded querulous....just not the right age.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Of 859 titles I have from Audible I've returned zero. I do have some early purchases I would probably have returned had that been an option back then.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:44 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I have returned well I don't have a count but I have bought a series only to find out the narrator was really bad so I returned it. My last return was audio bibles that were just a mess, out of sequence and impossible to listen to.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:35 AM   #13
KenFisher
Connoisseur
KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I thought the narrator on The Martian sounded way too old for the character, too. I don't know if I thought he sounded querulous....just not the right age.
Shows the difference that different people have to a narrator, as I thought it was an excellent performance and the voices fitted each character perfectly.

Ken
KenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #14
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have returned, I think, two books to Audible over the years. One was of such poor audio quality that it was unbearable, and I can't remember the details of the second one.
I can certainly see how they might flag anything that looked like a buy-listen-return pattern, or even a buy-copy-return pattern.

Re: Andromeda Strain, I remember enjoying the movie when I was little, but finding it a bit slow for a kid. I liked the sciencey exposition stuff, and I didn't learn until much later that that was a Crichton hallmark. I've caught bits an pieces of it in the decades since, but never sat down to watch the whole thing again.
I vaguely remember reading the book when I was younger, too.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:52 AM   #15
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Earlier this year I was told by Audible that you can only return two directly yourself via the website each year. After two it's only possible to return by calling customer services.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote