Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-28-2016, 12:44 PM   #121
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
LadyKate it's best to call them for this kind of problem. You are going to need to be able verify who you are.

Here's their number
1-888-280-3321

Sent from my XT1528
Thanks, but I need to contact amazon.ca argh. I still can access the content from my kindle app. Will try to access chat when I have the patience to sit through the wait (haven't been feeling well this week so not up to the wait and lacking in patience to deal with the problem.). I think it is an indicator that email address as sign in is not a good thing because people sometimes do change their email.

I guess I could have just renewed the domain despite no longer having a need for it but ...
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #122
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
Thanks, but I need to contact amazon.ca argh. I still can access the content from my kindle app. Will try to access chat when I have the patience to sit through the wait (haven't been feeling well this week so not up to the wait and lacking in patience to deal with the problem.). I think it is an indicator that email address as sign in is not a good thing because people sometimes do change their email.

I guess I could have just renewed the domain despite no longer having a need for it but ...
1-877-586-3230 for Canadians

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #123
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I think it is an indicator that email address as sign in is not a good thing because people sometimes do change their email.

Why would an email address (old or current) be any harder to remember than a username?

So far as a I know, the email address you use for a username doesn't actually need to be a functioning one (for the purpose of logging into your Amazon account). It just has to be the correct one (just like any username must be correct). Once logged in, they make it pretty easy to change things to your new email address. My same Amazon account has gone through numerous username changes whenever I get a different email address.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #124
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I think it is an indicator that email address as sign in is not a good thing because people sometimes do change their email.
So what? If you change your email address, you just go to your Amazon account settings and change the address. I did it myself about a year ago. It's a completely painless process.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:29 PM   #125
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Amazon CA's help page on changing Account Settings...
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/custom...?nodeId=918782
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #126
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Amazon CA's help page on changing Account Settings...
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/custom...?nodeId=918782
I suspect that Kate has created a new Amazon account rather than just changing the email address on her existing account.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:00 PM   #127
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
1-877-586-3230 for Canadians

Sent from my XT1528
Thank you so much Blossom. I will call them and see if my previous purchases will reappear on the site.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #128
LadyKate
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Why would an email address (old or current) be any harder to remember than a username?

So far as a I know, the email address you use for a username doesn't actually need to be a functioning one (for the purpose of logging into your Amazon account). It just has to be the correct one (just like any username must be correct). Once logged in, they make it pretty easy to change things to your new email address. My same Amazon account has gone through numerous username changes whenever I get a different email address.
I needed to change my email address because I am in the process of removing a domain from any accounts. I plan not to renew one of my domains.

When I changed the email address for some reason all my previous info disappeared. I think I had originally set up the same name and had done a "click through" without reading (my error) resulting in a reset of my info.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #129
LadyKate
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I suspect that Kate has created a new Amazon account rather than just changing the email address on her existing account.
No Harry, but I did do a "click through". I had originally set up an amazon account years ago and never really used it. Totally forgot about it in fact.

When I was entering the change of address I somehow double clicked and rather than my most recent info replacing the pretty well non existent info on the old, unused account it just kind of went into limbo.

I still get lots of emails to review purchases etc. lol.