Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #421
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav8rick View Post
Hi folks,

I've been using Boox (M96 & now the M96 Plus) for about 2 years now.

The latest November firmware update is great; everything works faster, doesn't scan each time I check Libraries, Big pen is working again etc.

However, my personal user experience on M96 is very "zen like" - each time I upgrade or something go wrong on the machine, I have to be prepared to lose everything (all my annotations, highlights, apps etc.) and start all over again....

Can anyone offer me a way to backup my stuff so that - at the very minimum - I can get back my annotations & bookmarks just the way I left it before I upgrade?

As I said, the November update is great - on a functional level, I'm happy.
I'm worried about this. I would love able to backup over network.

You can also reply to some forum thread, where he asks about the improvements of M96 vs M96+.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #422
olav-norway
olav-norway began at the beginning.

Device: None
Text editor

Are there any text editor apps that work well with this device? I want to use the device with a bluetooth keyboard. The document format doesn't really matter, as long as I'm able to import the text to my computer and copy it over to Microsoft Word, for instance. Also, I want the program to have simple editing tools, like bolding/underlining text and make indents and numbered lists.
olav-norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2016, 02:50 AM   #423
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Sure. I put a SanDisk Ultra SDXC 64GB Class 10 card in my M96. Of course you need to format it with FAT32 (not extfat - you need external programs to format it for cards > 64 GByte SDXC under Windows).
Hello.
I have bought a T68 but 32g Samsung TF(MicroSD) seems too big for T68(Too Long Loading time).Now I bought a M96C
Could you give some suggestions for choosing a sd card for M96C?
for example, the capacity, the brand you choose, the formatting way(16K cluster ,32k or 64k?) and so on.
Many thanks~
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #424
rine111
Connoisseur
rine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: large
handwriting in M96C

Hi all

Does anybody have experience with handwriting on the 96C? I mean not note-taking on existing documents but handwriting on a blank page. Using it as if it is an exercise book or notepaper.

How is the 96C generally? Particularly with pdfs.
rine111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #425
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Please...

Can anyone clean this mess?
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2016, 06:41 AM   #426
Alf77
Enthusiast
Alf77 began at the beginning.

Device: M92 & M96
I use M96 to take notes. I use graphical apps and not handwriting recogntion software. It feels good, but you have to get used to the delay of the screen,. I use squid and it is ok. I have found onyx scribble unreliable for work.

alf
Alf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:11 AM   #427
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Unfortunately last Zeng's post is from March 2014. Booxtor is also gone.
Maybe he is on vacation. A few offline days doesn't necessary mean the user is dead.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:59 AM   #428
grapiuna
grapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notes

Device: Have Onyx Boox M96 (Had KoboGlo, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-900, Kindle).
Please, someone share what firmware and apps are using to read pdf, epub and take notes.
grapiuna is offline   Reply With Quote