Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
GEORGELYK
Edge User

Problem with e-ink screen

I have a small problem with my e-ink screen.Sometimes i can't mark a word or a phrase from the text.This has only happened when I use the pdf reflow tool.I wonder if this is a common problem,and if i can do something about it.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
GEORGELYK
Edge User

I calibrated the e-ink screen and the problem isn't so bad now,but it still exists.Sometimes it's difficult to highlight even with the pda reflow off.With the pdf reflow on,there are many words that I can't highlight at all

Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
GEORGELYK
Edge User

Please,how can I contact them?

Old 06-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
aidren
Edge User

Some of the things I've noticed in reflow are:

1. the problem increases the more you zoom in
2. highlighting is less reliable at the beginning and end of lines; and on the very last line on the screen

What I tend to do is work with the pdf (out of reflow mode) at the highest zoom level possible yet keeping the full text visible on the screen. I seldom have problems this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
...From what I've seen, there are multiple ways to structure the PDF internally that can result in odd behaviour.
Some of the softwares that do pdf conversions handle the text line by line, with hard line breaks and/or forced justification; others use text wrapping. Most ocr software (from what I've seen) handle text line by line with hard line breaks and forced justification, occasionally setting some lines beyond the prevailing line width.

I've noticed, also, in reflow, that the eDGe reads some wide word spaces as line breaks. Again, it depends on the zoom level.

Mapping issues??

Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
GEORGELYK
Edge User

Where do I find the "copy of the PDF"?Sorry but I don't know what that is

Advert