Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #541
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Ancient Enemy by Mark Lukens is $0.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
Seven hundred years ago the Anasazi people built massive cities in what is now the southwestern United States . . . and then they vanished.

Stella, an archaeologist specializing in Anasazi culture, and David, a mysterious Navajo boy, are on the run from something terrifying. As they flee up into the snowy mountains of Colorado, they are carjacked by criminals escaping a botched bank robbery. Caught in a blizzard, they must take refuge in what they believe is an abandoned cabin. It's at this cabin where they will face horrors beyond their imagination.
I read Sightings by Mark a few years ago. Memories are hazy now, but I remember enjoying it.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 05-17-2019 at 09:58 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #542
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Scott Nicholson has a couple of books on sale for $0.99. I started picking Scott Nicholson up when his paperbacks were first published by Pinnacle in the early 2000's.

I have both of these as paperbacks, but they are the two I haven't yet read I liked all the others (The Red Church, The Harvest, The Farm and The Manor).

The Home

Quote:
When twelve-year-old Freeman Mills arrives at Wendover, a group home for troubled children, it’s a chance for a fresh start. But second chances aren’t easy for Freeman, the victim of painful childhood experiments that gave him the ability to read other people’s minds.

At Wendover, Freeman and the other children are subjected to more secret experiments, organized by a shadowy organization called The Trust. But the experiments do more than open up clairvoyant powers--the electromagnetic fields used in the experiments are summoning the ghosts of the patients who died at Wendover back when it was a psychiatric ward.

Now a new scientist has been brought into the project, an unstable and cruel pioneer in ESP studies who performed most of his work on a very special subject: his son, Freeman Mills.
The Gorge (originally published as They Hunger)

Quote:
An experimental rafting expedition, an FBI manhunt for a delusional killer, and the worst storm in decades collide in the remote mountain wilderness...and then THEY come out.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:26 AM   #543
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

A few posts back, I mentioned William Meikle. I still haven't read any of his works, but two books I decided to track are down to $0.99 at Amazon US.

The Creeping Kelp

Quote:
Some seaweed, a jellyfish and some material brought back from the Peabodie expedition to Antarctica. An innoccuous enough blend you might think. But when a storm in the North Atlantic frees a sample that has been dormant inside an old wreck, the new creature finds that it is hungry. Our plastics-oriented society has given it an abundant supply of food... more than enough for it to grow, and build, and spread.
The Ravine

Quote:
Cavalry officer Stephens wants to keep his troopers safe, but when he is pulled into the oldest conflict of them all, he must choose - to serve, or to die.

Saloon-hand Jacob wants to live a quiet life, play his fiddle, and sink a few beers. But something has come to his town-something old, hungry, and far from quiet.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:48 AM   #544
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One
At Kobo.Uk, these Meikle titles are FREE:

"Deal or nor Deal?"
"Green Grow the Rashes And Other Stories"
"In the House of the Dead"

The first one is a novella; the second one is a collection of a few short storie; and the third one is a short story.

These may be available from a U.S.A. vendor or perhaps from Amazon.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:42 AM   #545
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
^ US too
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?qu...0&fcminprice=0
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:03 PM   #546
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

James Herbert's The Rats is $1.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
A special fortieth anniversary edition of The Rats, the classic, bestselling novel that launched James Herbert's career.
With a foreword by Neil Gaiman.

It was only when the bones of the first devoured victims were discovered that the true nature and power of these swarming black creatures with their razor sharp teeth and the taste for human blood began to be realized by a panic-stricken city. For millions of years man and rats had been natural enemies. But now for the first time – suddenly, shockingly, horribly – the balance of power had shifted . . .
Old 05-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #547
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

J.A. Konrath's The List is FREE at Amazon US

Quote:
They are ten strangers with one thing in common:
A mysterious tattoo on the bottom of their feet.

None of them know how it got there or what it means.
One of them is a homicide cop who’s determined to find out.
All of them are marked for death—because they’re next on . . .

THE LIST
Old 05-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #548
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

This isn't a sale, just FYI:

Grady Hendrix published the well regarded Paperbacks From Hell about the paperback horror boom of the seventies and eighties.

It looks like now, riding on the success of that book, he's bringing some of those old 'classics' back into print. With their lurid covers!

There's two available so far with at least three more announced:

The Nest by Gregory A. Douglas

When Darkness Loves Us by Elizabeth Engstrom

The Reaping by Bernard Taylor

The Tribe by Bari Wood

The Spirit by Thomas Page
Old 05-20-2019, 08:34 PM   #549
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One
^ I have the 'Hell' book.

It is SUPERB!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:32 PM   #550
FulciLives
Enthusiast
FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (2017 Model)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

Grady Hendrix published the well regarded Paperbacks From Hell about the paperback horror boom of the seventies and eighties.

It looks like now, riding on the success of that book, he's bringing some of those old 'classics' back into print. With their lurid covers!
I noticed these a day or two ago myself on Amazon while browsing horror eBooks. Have you read any of these and if so which do you recommend?
FulciLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:05 AM   #551
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulciLives View Post
I noticed these a day or two ago myself on Amazon while browsing horror eBooks. Have you read any of these and if so which do you recommend?
I have read none of them. I'll probably pick them all up. Finding old, forgotten OOP horror back in ebook form is my favorite discovery. Honestly, most of it is out of print for a reason. But it's fun to read anyway.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:24 PM   #552
FulciLives
Enthusiast
FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (2017 Model)
STINGER by Robert R. McCammon is $1.99 at Amazon USA

Amazon Description:

A relentless alien bounty hunter encloses a Texas town under a dome to isolate, hunt, and kill its prey in “the ultimate horror novel” (The Philadelphia Inquirer).

Ever since the copper mine closed, the West Texas desert hellholes of Inferno and Bordertown have been slowly dying. Snake River isn’t the only thing that divides them. Racism, gang wars, and anti-Mexican sentiment have turned the sun-scorched flatlands into a powder keg. If anything can unite them for now, at least in awe and wonder, it’s the UFO that comes soaring out of the clouds like a flaming locomotive.

In the wake of the crash, a young alien named Daufin has arrived, too. A fugitive who has taken the form of a human, she knows the terror that awaits the inhabitants of this planet—because it is looking for her.

When Stinger, the monstrous alien bounty hunter, arrives, it’s with a destructive fury and a devious plan to find Daufin—by entombing the residents in an impenetrable and inescapable dome. A relentless killing machine, Stinger has an infinite capacity for death and destruction. And over the next twenty-four hours, this town is going to bleed and burn. Now, the few remaining survivors must come together to protect Daufin, themselves, and the world beyond from total annihilation.

From the New York Times–bestselling and Bram Stoker Award–winning author of Swan Song, Stinger was called “one of the best suspense novels of recent years” by the Science Fiction Chronicle.
FulciLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:03 PM   #553
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulciLives View Post
Stinger has been on my to-read list for a long time. It'll be my next McCammon book, I'm pretty sure.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:12 PM   #554
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

Today I picked up The Nest. It wasn't on sale and compared to my average ebook price, the cost was outrageous. But it has MUTANT COCKROACHES! Could I honestly say there was ever a choice?

Now, I'm planning on reading a collection of old sci-fi and then a classic like Les Miserables. So who knows when I'll get to experience the horrors of... The Nest!
Old 05-22-2019, 09:17 PM   #555
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Well, I was just clued in to the 'spend $20 and get $5' Amazon deal. And I also have a $5 credit from Bing, so maybe I'll pick up that second book as well.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 05-22-2019 at 09:21 PM.