Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 05:09 AM   #436
brian27
brian27 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Icarus Illumina XL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Hi Davidfor, Thanks,

It turns out that only holding the light button while powering up (hard reset) solves my problem. I will keep the image for future reference.
brian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:19 AM   #437
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian27 View Post
It turns out that only holding the light button while powering up (hard reset) solves my problem. I will keep the image for future reference.
That is how you do a manual factory reset. The instructions are on Kobo's support site, the MR Wiki and in the Kobo manual.

And everyone who thinks they need an image should try a factory reset first. I expect that it would fix a lot of devices without the need or an image.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:40 AM   #438
laptopcontrol
laptopcontrol began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi, davidfor!

I'm looking for Aura HD sd image, could you send me it? I would be grateful
laptopcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:57 AM   #439
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:53 AM   #440
iterra80
iterra80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura HD
stuck in a restoring loop

Hello,
I'm looking to restore my kobo aura HD (stuck in a restoring loop) from an SD card.
Is it possible to send me the SD image of a Kobo Aura HD please ?
Thank you
iterra80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:10 AM   #441
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@iterra80: @deniz1: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. A recent person who had this issue solved it in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #442
iterra80

Sorry.
Done
Old 05-19-2019, 08:55 PM   #443
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

I take that back. It didn't go.

Last edited by davidfor; 05-19-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:24 AM   #444
iterra80

Can I post my email address here?
Stuck with bricked reader.
Thank you
Old 05-22-2019, 07:15 PM   #445
dom123dom
Zealot
dom123dom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 WiFi 4Gb 2013 (s/n 9017..)
Hi @davidfor I have a Kobo Aura HD (N204B) stuck in a reboot loop, could you please PM me an SD card image for it? Thank you
dom123dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:38 PM   #446
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:39 PM   #447
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iterra80 View Post
Can I post my email address here?
Stuck with bricked reader.
Thank you
I wouldn't recommend it. And I try not to send email to random addresses.

Contact a moderator and see what they can do.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #448
dom123dom
Zealot
dom123dom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 WiFi 4Gb 2013 (s/n 9017..)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Awesome, thank you.
dom123dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #449
Andi We
Andi We began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd
Hello!
I ruined my kobo aura hd today by installing xcsoar and enabling OTG. Since then, the Display is White, if i press the reset button the Display shows only two thin lines for a short time.
Guess i need a sd-image....

Of couse i made no safe backup��
Andi We is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:19 AM   #450
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.