Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
oasismatt
oasismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Just bought a Kindle Oasis!

I just bought a Kindle Oasis 2, 32 gb, wifi and wireless. I love it! It is so much faster than any other reader I have ever used, including my former Paperwhite. Nice to meet you all!
oasismatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #2
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Kindle PW3, Kobo Aura One
Nice to meet you too! Congratulations on your new purchase. I hope you get a lot of use from it.

Do you use it with a case? If not, any issues with it being too slippery? That and the price were the 2 issues holding me back even though I would love a bigger screen.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:31 PM   #3
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 (Inis Odyssey) PW 3 (Moonsliver), Fire HD 2ndG (Nostromo)
Congrats! Getting new e-readers is so exciting
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:37 PM   #4
oasismatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikou View Post
Nice to meet you too! Congratulations on your new purchase. I hope you get a lot of use from it.

Do you use it with a case? If not, any issues with it being too slippery? That and the price were the 2 issues holding me back even though I would love a bigger screen.
I got the Amazon premium leather case.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:48 AM   #5
oasismatt

Thanks all for the welcome!
Old 05-19-2019, 06:16 AM   #6
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Welcome oasismatt. Enjoy your new Oasis. I love mine. How do you like the cover?
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #7
oasismatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
Welcome oasismatt. Enjoy your new Oasis. I love mine. How do you like the cover?
I love it. Fits perfectly.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:24 PM   #8
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I thought I’d mention I just bought a new Oasis also. Amazon had (maybe still has) a deal where they give you a 25% credit towards buying a new kindle. That amounted to $75 when applied to the Oasis with 32gb and WiFi.

My trade-in was an ancient kindle keyboard and they added a $5 gift card to my account so I got $80 off the oasis.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:23 AM   #9
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
I thought I’d mention I just bought a new Oasis also. Amazon had (maybe still has) a deal where they give you a 25% credit towards buying a new kindle. That amounted to $75 when applied to the Oasis with 32gb and WiFi.

My trade-in was an ancient kindle keyboard and they added a $5 gift card to my account so I got $80 off the oasis.
Amazon will advertise the trade in every now and then (especially when they introduce a new device). As far as I know that trade in offer is always there. I remember asking CS about it last time I seen it advertised when the PW4 came out.

Thank you for mentioning it and enjoy your new Oasis.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #10
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Enjoy, Jangell and Matt! I love my Oasis.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:37 AM   #11
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I really like the Oasis, but it has frozen up on me twice in the short time I’ve had it. I know if I call tech support they’ll say update the firmware. I don’t really want to do that. I’m hoping for a jailbrake someday.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:42 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
On the same book or different books? Could be a problem with the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:37 AM   #13
oasismatt

So far I love it. It is amazing!
Old 06-08-2019, 01:00 PM   #14
purplepeacock186
purplepeacock186 began at the beginning.

Device: none
This thread makes it harder for me to choose between Oasis and Inkpad 3. Thank you all for the response and review, though.
purplepeacock186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #15
Zimmy
Connoisseur
Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I ended up buying the Oasis 2 yesterday.
Amazon had a deal I couldn't refuse.
$50 for my Voyage, +25% off the Oasis 2.
20% Cash Back if you used your Amazon Prime card.
Plus it was discounted to $199.
It probably means they will announce a new model any day but I am happy to try out the Oasis.
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote