Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 01:38 PM   #1
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Missing Search Bar in Calibre

My Calibre SEARCH BAR is missing! I looked everywhere I could think of to see if there is a setting for the search bar. The only one I found is in Tweaks:
# Show the Saved searches box in the Search bar
show_saved_search_box = True
It was marked as False and I changed it to True. I don't know why it said False, my searches seemed to be saved. No help. Still not working.

I've restarted Calibre several times, restarted my computer, and totally shut down my computer. But nothing restores the search bar.

So I updated Calibre. I am using Calibre Portable. I went from 3.37 to 3.42.
Still no search bar. I did all the restarting and shut downs again. Still no luck.

I am using Windows 10 Pro. Is there anyway to get the Search Bar back?
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:16 PM   #2
Nicolas F
Zealot
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
There is a layout button on the bottom right corner of the main windows that allows to show or hide different parts of the interface, search bar included (or on earlier versions of calibre you have a direct toggle to show or hide the search bar).

The setting you changed deal with Saved searches which is a part of the search bar itself.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can get the indivual buttons by checking the Preferences->Look and Feel->Show layout buttons in the status bar (needs restart) option.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:00 PM   #4
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thank-you both! I feel so silly - working fine now!
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote