Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-27-2019, 05:49 PM   #151
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 1.0.40 Calibre 3.41.3 pdf-to-html & Python 3 compatibility

Version 1.0.40 - 2019-04-27 Python 3 compatibility & Calibre Version 3.41.3 pdf-to-html compatibility (ISSN extraction from PDFs).

Minimum Calibre Version 3.41.3.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #152
gvantass
gvantass began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Trouble with LC_Genre

I'm having some challenges with getting the plugin to find and add genre information.

The (scrambled) file in question is attached. The Library of Congress record is here: https://lccn.loc.gov/2011037487

I think I have configured the plugin correctly, but I'll be jiggered if I can figure out what is wrong, since I don't get an error message.

IS this enough to help me start to figure out what's not working as I expect?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 3.20.04 PM.png
Views:	287
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	171214   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 3.21.24 PM.png
Views:	266
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	171215  
Attached Files
File Type: epub The United States of Fear - Tom Engelhardt_scrambled.epub (454.0 KB, 205 views)
gvantass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #153
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The "LC (Library Codes Plugin) Genre" uses either the #ddc or #lcc (per your customization choice) to look up the LC Genre in the plug-in's internal table.

It does not use the internet for LC Genre. Your epub file has nothing to do with it. LC uses metadata in the current Library's metadata.db file.

If your book has no #ddc and you customized "use DDC for the mapping to LC Genre", then nothing will happen. Ditto for #lcc.

I assume that you are clicking the menu item for updating LC Genre for the selected books. It only does it when you say you want it to do it.

See the LC plug-in menu ToolTips (only visible if you have not "torn off" its menu).

DaltonST
Old 05-03-2019, 08:13 AM   #154
gvantass

Ok, so I started over with this, deleted the plugin, deleted the extra author info column, restarted my computer, reinstalled the plugin and ran it to collect both the DDC and LCC entries. I unchecked the extra author info field in the config screen, saved everything, and ran the plugin to collect the two field entries.

The first time, it insisted that I create the extra author info field (apparently, unchecking it doesn't stick), so I went back to the config and clicked the button to create the field and ran the plugin again. I re-ran the plugin (how that I have both DDC and LCC entries) again.

No genre information was collected, regardless of whether I had LCC-to-Genre mapping or DDC-to-genre mapping selected.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 05-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #155
DaltonST
Deviser

As I said before, you must use the menu option to update LC Genre. Read the ToolTips. If you have not provided LCC-to-Genre mapping yourself (DDC-to-Genre comes standard with LC), then there may be nothing to map. See the ToolTips. Try using DDC instead of LCC to see if you get good mappings, which would confirm that your problem is that you have not uploaded any mappings via the LC menu for that.

ToolTips are visible by hovering your mouse over the menu and its submenus.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:35 PM   #156
gvantass

Ah, there we go. As with most things, a lack of understanding on the user's side.

I was not understanding that the genre mapping is technically a 2-step process: Get DDC info then manually select the genre mapping item.

Thank you for your patience, and for an excellent pulgin!
Old 07-17-2019, 05:49 AM   #157
stan999
stan999 began at the beginning.

Question DDC/LOC genre mapping & FAST tags

1. fast tags are not reflecting the complete original structure (see attachment)

2. To create genre hierarchies all I have to do is replace (>) with (.) in the lc_genre_mapping, not bad. It would be great if FAST tags hierarchies would work without manually having to change them.

3. I would like to map to both LOC and DDC genres and it seems the import option only allows for either or. Can we maybe add an extra custom column when importing and map LOC and DDC instead of either or?

4. Does anyone have a deeper hieararchial DDC & LOC csv.text template than the original ones that come with the plugin? It would be great if that could be shared.

5. Btw, what a plugin, my goodnesses !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 4.33.17 AM.png
Views:	193
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	172427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 4.33.28 AM.png
Views:	191
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	172428  

Last edited by stan999; 07-17-2019 at 05:52 AM. Reason: visibility and clarity
stan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #158
DaltonST
Deviser

Right now, you can import both LCC and DDC values separately, by varying the customization options from LLC and then to DDC. The internal db table keeps all of it. As a workaround, you can then swap from using LCC to using DDC in customization too.

Once I am finished with modifying all of my plugins for Calibre's upcoming use of Python 3 rather than Python 2, I will look at adding "both" as an option.

Added: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Jo...master/fdc.txt

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-17-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:53 PM   #159
stan999

Talking Amazing but made me thinking...something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Right now, you can import both LCC and DDC values separately, by varying the customization options from LLC and then to DDC. The internal db table keeps all of it. As a workaround, you can then swap from using LCC to using DDC in customization too.

Once I am finished with modifying all of my plugins for Calibre's upcoming use of Python 3 rather than Python 2, I will look at adding "both" as an option.

DaltonST
It worked brilliantly, wow. I created another dc_genre column (lc_genre was automatically created by the plugin) and I keep going back and forth from DDC to LCC while changing also changing the #genre custom genre from lc_genre to dc_genre. Just brilliant mate; I can't thank you enough!!! This is not the easiest thing to figure out so Iv'e attached a couple fo images for anyone to reference. Great stuff!!!!

about the thinking...this idea just came to mind; can I create a custom amazon genre csv.text template and replace the values in either (lc or dc) genre mapping and voila now I have kindle categories as well? I don't understand anything about coding & I don't know if the composite custom template can interfere with what I am trying to achieve but this seems doable, right?
Old 07-17-2019, 11:56 PM   #160
stan999

Menu options for lc # dc genres

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post

DaltonST
Creating two custom columns right off the bat and having the option of choosing lc or dc from the plugin's menu would definitely help with the workflow. Again, I am satisfied with the current option, it works!
Old 12-30-2019, 10:31 AM   #161
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.42 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.2

Version 1.0.42 - 2019-12-30 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.2

DaltonST
Old 01-06-2020, 04:45 AM   #162
cogitoxin
cogitoxin began at the beginning.

Device: kpw
I have used this plugin since it first published. I use a Mac, for some reason I can only use 10.12 Sierra, which Calibre 4.6 does not support. Today I accidentally deleted this plugin and cannot get it back. Could you please provide me an old version works on 3.48?
cogitoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:08 AM   #163
DaltonST
Deviser

See the attached. One of them should work.

Personally, I periodically back up my entire ....calibre/configuration/.... directory to several external drives.

DaltonST
Attached Files
File Type: zip library_codes_for_3_48.zip (320.8 KB, 200 views)
File Type: zip library_codes_another_old_version.zip (341.1 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by DaltonST; 01-06-2020 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:34 PM   #164
cogitoxin
cogitoxin began at the beginning.

Device: kpw
Worked like a charm! Thx!
cogitoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #165
stan999

Does anyone have an updated LC and DC genres for the Library Code plugin? It seems the original one is off of DC21 and really outdated. I would be thankful if someone could provide those codes. Ty

Tags
ddc, dewey decimal, lcc, library of congress, oclc