Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #1
GoRaptors
GoRaptors began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Error message Windows 10

Help please, tried uninstalling reinstalling no change.

Trying to install on my J Drive which is a external Drive.

What am I missing here, gotta be something obvious.

EDIT: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Last edited by GoRaptors; 04-19-2019 at 10:51 PM. Reason: added Operating system
GoRaptors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
This is an 'advanced install' option of the official MSI downloaded from the main calibre site? Or are you trying to install the Portable version (from the same site)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:29 PM   #3
GoRaptors

calibre - 3.41.2.msi from the main site advanced install.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:37 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRaptors View Post
calibre - 3.41.2.msi from the main site advanced install.
Rats! The master will have to field this one.
You can put the Library on any local drive, but I use the standard program location here
Old 04-19-2019, 10:47 PM   #5
GoRaptors

Yeah that's what I'm thinking like it's looking for some file but not finding where

it's suppose to be. I mean I could JUST put it/install on the C drive SSD m.2 I've got the room but my "books/files" are in that J drive in a folder.

I'm patient I actually have the hard copy of the book I'm currently reading so.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:42 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Just install as normal, the use the Library icon menu to create a library on your J: drive. Calibre will use that as long as you want. (the default Library is empty on my system. If the settings folder does become corrupt, Calibre will revert. Just look at the titlebar to see where you are.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:03 AM   #7
GoRaptors

Ok I got it working, thanks for the help/assistance theducks!