Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2018, 01:58 PM   #16
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
@jcn363
Are these new patches "font-size bulk change" the old "nickel-PROGRESIVE" or are a derivated work?
No they are different. These patches only apply on font-size, while Progesive is a sort of re-hash which changes the interface look.
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:35 PM   #17
JaBu
JaBu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Mini
No fullscreen reading anymore

Since this version I don't have real fullscreen reading on my Clara HD anymore. I turned off title and footer in reading settings. They aren't visible since I turned them off but now I have margins in the size of the hidden title and footer.

The line in eReader.config is added correctly. Before I used 4.10.11655 and everything worked fine.

So, what's wrong here? Thanks for help
Jan

(Excuse my poor English - I'm from Germany)

My Clara is patched with these settings (same as with 4.10.11655):
libadobe —

libnickel
My 24 line spacing values yes
Custom left & right margins yes
custom font sizes yes
Freedom to advanced fonts control yes
ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins yes
Custom kepub default margins yes
Set KePub hyphenation yes
Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs yes
Enable new homescreen yes
Force user line spacing in KePubs yes
Force user line spacing in ePubs 1 of 2 yes
Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2) yes
Always display chapter name on navigation menu yes
Wikipedia Search language yes

librmsdk
Force user line spacing in ePubs 2 of 2 yes
Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2) yes

nickel
Custom reading footer style no
Reading stats/Author name cut … yes
JaBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2018, 02:53 PM   #18
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBu View Post
Since this version I don't have real fullscreen reading on my Clara HD anymore. I turned off title and footer in reading settings. They aren't visible since I turned them off but now I have margins in the size of the hidden title and footer.
It's nothing to do with the patches. You'll want to remove the line from the config, as full screen reading is now officially supported (since a few versions ago). The only disadvantage with the official one is, as you noticed, there is a small (but not as large as you say you get) additional gap at the top and bottom.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:00 PM   #19
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

The line in eReader.config is added correctly. Before I used 4.10.11655 and everything worked fine.

So, what's wrong here?
Nothing at all.
It's a fail in the new firmware. To reduce the footer space you can use something like this.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:23 PM   #20
JaBu

Thanks! I´ll give it a try. But it seems a little bit of space on top stays free.
Advert
Old 11-28-2018, 05:04 PM   #21
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Thanks! I´ll give it a try. But it seems a little bit of space on top stays free.
Yes, I still don't achieve...
Good luck.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:22 PM   #22
JaBu

Thanks for your help. I deleted the string in eReader.config and put the suggested code by jcn363/GeoffR into nickel.yaml.

I'm very happy with the result. The margin is much smaller, nearly as before. I can live with that.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #23
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Thank you verry much for the patcher, @geek1011 and @jcn363. My two readers (Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition, Version and Kobo Aura H2O 1st Edition) work great with the firmware and the patches (I use the progressive version).
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #24
thiagoguedes
thiagoguedes began at the beginning.

Device: H2OE2V1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina Schein View Post
Thank you verry much for the patcher, @geek1011 and @jcn363. My two readers (Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition, Version and Kobo Aura H2O 1st Edition) work great with the firmware and the patches (I use the progressive version).
Hi,

Pretty new to Kobo devices - just got mine today. I am currently running 4.10.11655 and was able to push some small patches. From your post I understand that I can manually install this version even if it's not officially supported? I am mainly interested in the "get rid of header" option.

Is there any side effect? Could you please share the details?

Thanks,

Regards,
thiagoguedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:05 PM   #25
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagoguedes View Post
Hi,

Pretty new to Kobo devices - just got mine today. I am currently running 4.10.11655 and was able to push some small patches. From your post I understand that I can manually install this version even if it's not officially supported? I am mainly interested in the "get rid of header" option.

Is there any side effect? Could you please share the details?

Thanks,

Regards,
Yep. You can manually install this firmware version without side effects. Just install it the same way as any other version. Note that a new version was released today for all devices, but I won't be getting around to the patches till Sunday at the earliest. If you want to stay on this version and not be automatically updated, enable the "Always show confirmation dialog" or "Block wifi firmware upgrade" patch in libnickel.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:19 PM   #26
thiagoguedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yep. You can manually install this firmware version without side effects. Just install it the same way as any other version. Note that a new version was released today for all devices, but I won't be getting around to the patches till Sunday at the earliest. If you want to stay on this version and not be automatically updated, enable the "Always show confirmation dialog" or "Block wifi firmware upgrade" patch in libnickel.
Thanks

Is it 4.12.12111? I saw in pgaskin but I was not sure even though it list as compatible for the H2O. I can wait for the next patch, no rush.

Just move .tgz to .kobo and that's it? No risks for kernel drivers or something?

Best,
Old 12-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #27
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagoguedes View Post
Thanks

Is it 4.12.12111? I saw in pgaskin but I was not sure even though it list as compatible for the H2O. I can wait for the next patch, no rush.

Just move .tgz to .kobo and that's it? No risks for kernel drivers or something?

Best,
Yep! And that's my site (I'm Patrick Gaskin) . And yes, no risks.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #28
thiagoguedes

LOL Ok, thanks Patrick
Old 12-17-2018, 03:46 AM   #29
Fafhrd
Fafhrd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Libra
Hello Everybody,
There seems to be firmware updates at the adress https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html.
Fafhrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:08 AM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
Hello Everybody,
There seems to be firmware updates at the adress https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html.
There is already a thread to discuss the firmware: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313381. And another for the patches.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching