Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-20-2018, 06:39 AM   #31
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
I am looking for a way to get my Pocketbook Inkpad to work as an external monitor for computer.

It looks like RemoteInk aims to do something different: Control the computer via ereader's touchscreen. (Correct me if I am wrong, I have not tried RemoteInk yet.)

I need the opposite: To control the e-reader from the computer the way computers control displays/monitors.

After connecting the ereader with my Linux computer, I would like to be able to run xrandr in the computer to detect the ereader as an external display and set it up accordingly.

Has somebody here managed to do it? Can this be done with RemoteInk?
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:56 AM   #32
hx0
hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.hx0 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Pocketbook Touch
Just to clarify, RemoteInk can't be used to control the computer via the ereader's touchscreen. It only receives the image of the computer screen and shows it on the ereader. There is also a handful of features to cleverly select which part of the image to show.

Unfortunately, it doesn't simulate a real monitor for your OS, so you won't be able to use xrandr.
hx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2019, 02:57 PM   #33
ormus23
ormus23 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Can anyone tell me whether this is going to work with PocketBook InkPad 3?
ormus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 05:35 PM   #34
v1s
v1s began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook/Kindle
Anyone have the VNC client for Pocketbook the link on the git is not working.
v1s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-ink, linux, monitor, pocketbook, remote-viewing