Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
grownupboy
Enthusiast
grownupboy has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle
K3 Smallest Font Size Readability?

hey all,

got my k3 after having a k2 for just over a year. loving the k3 all over - no complaints there!

i'm thinking though... that the font on the kindle 3 looks great at the default size but as soon as you set it to the smallest size the letters tend to "block up" (especially a's e's and g's).

i know there was a lot of hoo-haw with the k2 over fonts looking too white - you think amazon went too far making the font on the new version too black?

what are your thoughts?

g

(of course i could just read at the default size but i really preferred having a bit more text on the page - always read at the smallest size on my k2)
grownupboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I have changed to the smallest font, despite being one eyed (one eye is "passive") and myopic I have absolutely no problem reading the small font.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
grownupboy
Enthusiast
grownupboy has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle
i can read the smallest font too. but the letters do definitely block up. it's almost like reading an entire novel in a bold typeface. readable? yes. enjoyable? no.
grownupboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
The smallest size is readable for me but I seem to like size 4, for comfortable reading. Prehaps its not the size but more a combination of the number of words on the page. I dont like things to be too cramped, but at the same time not too much space and I don't like overly big text.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
Greenbeast
Greenbeast began at the beginning.

Device: K4, PW
oh i quite like the smallest size.
There is 'pixelation' when admiring up very close but at a reading distance i don't find it a problem
Greenbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I use font sizes 1 and 2 and haven't noticed any blocking, looks great to my eyes, but then I haven't looked up real close, reading distance is fine
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
BobLenx
Connoisseur
BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony505 K2 K3
I can read 1 but, but I prefer 2 and read just about everything on that.
BobLenx is offline   Reply With Quote