Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
barkerletter
barkerletter began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Downloading epubs from dropbox with kobo

hey folks, I'm trying to store my epub books on dropbox. But neither my android or iOs devices will download them. I get a "failed to download" error message.

Anyone else encounter this..?
barkerletter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Works for me on Android, both on a Nexus 4 and a BlackBerry Z10's Android player running Aldiko.

With a Nexus 4 I do this:

1) Open Dropbox app

2) Navigate folders to find the book I want

3) Tap on the book I want.

I see a scrolling bar in a popup window as it downloads. Then another popup window saying "Adding to bookshelf".

The the book opens in Aldiko.

4) I read to my hearts content.

On BlackBerry it is essentially the same, except that I use the built in Dropbox integration instead of a Dropbox app.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
barkerletter
barkerletter began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
[QUOTE=radius;2802631]Works for me on Android, both on a Nexus 4 and a BlackBerry Z10's Android player running Aldiko.

Ah. The device needs the Dropbox app?
barkerletter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Ah, just tried this on the N4 from the mobile web site. A book downloads OK, but when I tap on the download notification, I get a popup saying "Content not supported".

Ditto if I open the "Downloads" app. I don't have a file manager on this device to try out but maybe that would work.

All in all it's probably easier to just install the Dropbox app if you can.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote