Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
music4me
Jewishcat
music4me began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wink library controversy

Much is being made of Harper Colllins restricting the number of times a library can lend an e-book. Seems publishing houses have no trouble placing their e-books in libraries, but scant concern is given the independent, self-published author trying to place a book. I filed an application with content reserve/overdrive.com. It mystified me. They want to know how many books I'll be placing each quarter, etc. Appears they only want commercial publishers for library sales. Is there a way Kindle or B&N could place independent authors in libraries? Or could we form such a block that would guarantee many titles going in?
music4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Nada y Nadie
Enthusiast
Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
I was also wondering how small publishers and self-published authors can get their ebooks into libraries, especially considering how poor the ebook selection is at many libraries. I was rejected by overdrive, too, though, so I don't know how to go about it. Just letting you know you aren't alone.
Nada y Nadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I'm interested too, my local library is definitely interested in printed books by local authors, is yours too?

ITS THE MONEY

There's probably a software solution out there for libraries to adopt that would let them deliver our ebooks to patrons, but let me ask you, are you concerned with monies upon delivery? Or would you be content with a link to your paypal address in the ebook, and reliance on the faith of your species to contribute to your well being?
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote