Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 06-20-2007, 05:20 AM   #136
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Not to worry Dr. Dib. Just have a good time with Dad.

Jon
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #137
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Harry -- I agree with the previous post -- there's nothing you should be apologizing for. After all, your Editorial workload also keeps you busy.
Sounds to me like somebody should heed his own advice.

Have a good time with Dad, Dr. Drib.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #138
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Sounds to me like somebody should heed his own advice.
I wanted to say just the same
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #139
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've just added the newly-released "The Stoneware Money" by R. Austin Freeman to my previously-issued "Dr. Thorndyke Omnibus Vol 5". Note that Jon has released both this and "The Penrose Mystery" as separate books for those for prefer that.

Apologies Jon - I'm in no way intending to put down your excellent work by doing this; I just like everything collected together neat and tidy in my omnibus editions .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #140
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So if I send you all the Star Trek books, can you do an Omnibus for that? LOL! I'd love to see the size of it.
Advert
Old 06-22-2007, 06:36 AM   #141
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
First, I want to say thanks to all who are have uploaded books. I've had my Reader for three weeks and have already read four books from this forum.

I've read Harry's tutorial and want to try my hand at ebook creation. Does anyone have The Well at the World's End by William Morris in the works?
If not, I'll do it and post it here.

Ben
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:13 AM   #142
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

BenG, go for it and have fun converting. And when you are done, it's a nice sence of accomplishment too.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:18 AM   #143
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PG Australia have just released a new "Dr. Thorndyke" novel, by R. Austin Freeman - "The Cat's Eye", originally published in 1923. I've added this new release to my Dr. Thorndyke Omnibus Vol 5.

This now concludes Vol 5, other than error corrections. The next "Dr. Thorndyke" book released (and there are still a fair number to go) will start a new "Vol 6".
Old 06-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #144
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Just found some Mencken stuff at PG and start to post some of it shortly.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:53 AM   #145
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

By popular request I have rearranged all the "Dr Thorndyke" detective novels and short stories of R. Austin Freeman into 7 volumes, arranged in order of publication date. These are all available for download here. I have deleted the previous volumes in which things were arranged somewhat haphazardly.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #146
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Just found the most wonderful, illustrated, 19th century "Manual of Surgery". Full of the most gruesome pictures. Should be a winner on the Reader!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #147
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just found the most wonderful, illustrated, 19th century "Manual of Surgery". Full of the most gruesome pictures. Should be a winner on the Reader!
with this book now i can play a doctor
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #148
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I love this book and plan to do it.

What am I talking about?

Well, I'm talking about "Melmoth The Wanderer," by Charles Robert Maturin, an incredible Gothic tale that mesmerized me and had me spellbound when I first studied it in a graduate course on the Gothic in Literature course a few years ago.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:37 AM   #149
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've just realised, to my surprise, that nobody's posted any P.G.Wodehouse so far - one of the greatest humourists in the English language (IMHO). I've corrected this shocking oversight by posting "Right Ho, Jeeves", and shall post more in the near future.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #150
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I am actually working on a Star Trek book. Yes, you hear right, a Star Trek book. Didn;t think there were any that could be posted here. Well, guess again. This one is ok to post. If you know of the book Probe by Margaret Wander Bonnano then you'll get a real treat. This is what Probe should have been. The author has put it out there for all to read. And yes it is ok to post here.