Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yup
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidiot View Post
Sony indicated that you can redownload your LRF-format books in ePub once they make the switch No need to do the conversion yourself.
That's cool!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #33
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
All done in 650 lines of code. Attached is an LRF file and the EPUB from it. Enjoy

Thanks Kovid!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
yup
Looking forward to 0.6.13.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #35
veysey
Enthusiast
veysey doesn't litterveysey doesn't litter

Device: Sony ?
Kovid rocks!

Sweet. Most excellent! Also looking forward to the next release.

Now I no longer have to feel bad about using propriety lrf. Or feel like I can get locked in. A big deal for me ... it's a particular pain since I've decided that lrf looks a little better on my 505 (I like the headers), and it's a little faster.

Kovid - much obliged. Enough to put my money where my mouth is, something I'll have to continue since Calibre is excellent software.

John
veysey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #36
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Thanks Kovid, I've been dreaming of this.

Is the e-pub size actually a quarter of the lrf? That would make a huge difference in the amount of books that can be stored on the reader.
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #37
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the size difference is because the epub doesn't include the embedded fonts
Old 09-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #38
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
aahh

thanks
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #39
Stebs
Stebs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Stebs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Stebs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Stebs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm
Great! Many thanks
Stebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:23 AM   #40
pars_andy
Connoisseur
pars_andy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Fantastic addition. A lot of the lrf formatted books on this website are a bit frustrating for me as i find the font size too big. Now i can fix that. Thanks.
pars_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #41
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Thanks, Kovid!

When I converted books for my mother's Sony, I didn't think to keep the original files--which means all of her books are in lrf. I worried about what might happen if someday Sony decided to stop producing ebook readers (or ditched lrf for them). Now I don't have to worry, because I can convert those lrf files to ePub!
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I should note that the LRF conversion code is very new and probably has lots of bugs (I did write most of it at it at an airport after all)
Old 09-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #43
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
Quote:
I should note that the LRF conversion code is very new and probably has lots of bugs (I did write most of it at it at an airport after all)
I've begun converting most of my LRFs over and it seems to be working so far! The files I've checked over have, anyway; a few seem to get stuck and when I check 8 minutes later they're still going...

They'll stay in LRF, I think!
owlrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #44
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I can't thank you enough for this! If I decide to upgrade away from Sony, at least I can convert my lrf collection to take with me.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #45
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man
RandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook color, prs 505, Axim x30, psp, Acer Aspire One [running xp]
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlrigh View Post
I've begun converting most of my LRFs over and it seems to be working so far! The files I've checked over have, anyway; a few seem to get stuck and when I check 8 minutes later they're still going...

They'll stay in LRF, I think!
I've had them get stuck before, sometimes when I'm converting individually or sometimes while batch. I'm not sure why they get stuck, but if I try to convert them again, they tend to convert in the normal amount of time. Just saying you might want to give those books a second go.
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote