Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Gernella
Gernella began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600/Kobo Arc7
I was trying to make it hard

After a few years of studying more reviews that I care to remember I have finally taken the plunge and bought the Sony 600. I had looked at the Kindle but Amazon have already diddled me out of a load of e-books before when they pulled the plug, so I wasn't going to get robbed again.

Me being me, I studied the quick user guide in detail, downloaded the manual and the latest version of the library. First problem I had was that the library wouldn't work with my Windows 7 system. I tried to just drag and drop all my existing files across but they were protected so I couldn't read. Then by chance I opened up Adobe e-reader, next thing I got the message that it had seen my book reader and wanted to authorise it to read protected content. Job done, I can read my existing books and I can use 'send to' with absolutely no faffing about with other software. I just wish I could read in lower lighting conditions. Otherwise absolutely perfect.
Gernella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Welcome to MobileRead.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
For reading in lower light conditions, get yourself an M-Edge case and their e-Luminator2 for the 600. I LOVE mine.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
AndreiC
Enthusiast
AndreiC began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
For reading in lower light conditions, get yourself an M-Edge case and their e-Luminator2 for the 600. I LOVE mine.
Or a Mighty Bright Xtraflex2, clipped-on to your cover.

With both leds on, in full darkness, reading is better than with a real book.
AndreiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
Gernella

Many thanks for your suggestions. I have ordered the e-Luminator and since Christmas is coming I have ordered myself a nice case to keep my reader in (best way of getting what you would like if you buy it yourself first).

All I have to do now is ease the Reader into sight (as if I have had it months)!
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gernella View Post
Many thanks for your suggestions. I have ordered the e-Luminator and since Christmas is coming I have ordered myself a nice case to keep my reader in (best way of getting what you would like if you buy it yourself first).

All I have to do now is ease the Reader into sight (as if I have had it months)!
Do you live by the philosophy that it is easier to beg for forgiveness than it is for permission also?!? I love that philosophy when it comes to dealing with my wife and my tech toys! She can't seem to understand why I would want to buy something new if the old one is still working!?! But, she doesn't have a problem spending $70-$100 for a $10 haircut! I don't mind her doing it either, but then she gets "upset" when I spend about the same on a tech toy!
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
Gernella

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedavis1 View Post
Do you live by the philosophy that it is easier to beg for forgiveness than it is for permission also?!? I love that philosophy when it comes to dealing with my wife and my tech toys! She can't seem to understand why I would want to buy something new if the old one is still working!?! But, she doesn't have a problem spending $70-$100 for a $10 haircut! I don't mind her doing it either, but then she gets "upset" when I spend about the same on a tech toy!
My better half is a technophobic, my philosophy is, if you can afford it, it will put a smile on our face and you need it, go buy it. Plus now that I am the wrong side of 60, every day counts to be happy. I have to say that apart from my old banger of a computer (just in case the others give up the ghost) I use all my toys, not like all those toys he has in the garage (I asked him two weeks ago for some cable ties and I am still waiting).
Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
TGNY
Enthusiast
TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-600

Welcome!
TGNY is offline   Reply With Quote