Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-03-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
anon73
anon73 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Portuguese-Portuguese dictionary

I've searched everywhere and I still can't find a Portuguese dictionary. I just bought this device and the experience has been a bit disappointing, especially when it comes to dictionary support.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
anon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
I don't really know about pocketbook. But I was checking now on their website, and there it says that you have to covert the dictionaries. If you go to the old pocketbook versions you will be able to find the links. However I found this post where it has the converter and the tutorial in english.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=68032
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2017, 05:35 AM   #3
anon73

Well I don't have a Windows computer with me, so I can't use the provided converter. The Winedt site has dictionaries with the .dic format but they don't seem to work. I guess I'll just return this Pocketbook and get another e-reader instead...

Old 10-04-2017, 05:51 AM   #4
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

My kobo has a good built-in portuguese to portuguese dictionary(the brazilian one). You could check the other eReaders brands how easy is to get them.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:02 AM   #5
anon73

Neat, I'm Brazilian too, albeit living in France (although I wouldn't mind an European Portuguese dictionary since it's essentially the same). The Fnac has a Kobo Glo HD refurbished that is exactly the same price and comes with 2-year warranty, I think I'll return this Pocketbook and get it instead.

Shame, really liked the hardware and OS of the Pocketbook. Would rather find a solution than return it.

Advert
Old 10-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #6
Blas
Ulica Guy

Oh that's great! I know that the pocketbook is really used there in Europe. But you might like the Kobo Glo HD hardware too I was checking now and it has a good eInk screen.

http://priice.com/compare/kobo-glo-h...k-touch-lux-3/

Btw there are some refurbished Kobos on aliexpress too, no warranty haha but it's in perfect conditions.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Kobo-...4-b4457a1b8be5

Idk if there is a good price for you, but for us here in Brazil it really is...as you know.