Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Fire2 vs. FireHD Apps

Anyone attempted to load FireHD Apps onto Fire2? Do they (1) refuse to load; (2) load but crash; (3) run but glitchy; (4) something else?

-----Paul-----
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Do you have a specific app in mind? I have the Fire2, so if it's a free app, I can try it out.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
pwright2
Connoisseur

No. I have the Fire2 also. Haven't tried yet out of other things to do. Noticed a couple of entries indicating that root process for HD worke on Fire2, so apparently there are not huge differences other than screen. Thought there might be some general info out here. Would be nice to whether HD apps are optimized for HD but work on 2 or not to be trusted or what.

I expect I will find out some over the next couple of days.

-----Paul-----
Old 12-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Are you getting a Fire HD soon? I am thinking of getting one in the spring. The Fire2 we just got, for my 7 yo girl. I use the Fire1, but I think I would like the HD.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I thought that the kindle fire HD is a Kindle Fire 2, I'm confused.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
pwright2
Connoisseur

Nope, but the confusion is easy enough to understand. I'm not sure Fire2 is even an official designation. But Fire2 is version 10.2.x software and apparently hardware similar to but not exactly same as HD. HD has, asbestos I can tell, higher resolution screen, microphone, camera, bluetooth.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
crap, nobody told me the HD has asbestos. No more Kindle for the kids.

Yeah, I believe the Fire 2 is the upgraded Fire 1 that is non-HD. Amazon just calls it the Fire but that wouldn't help the forum differentiate.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, fire hd, fire2