Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
Downloading now...Does the allmine zip need a specific name? Standard from Allmine is Allmine-latest-update.zip
You don't need the Allmine zip, everything from Allmine is included in the update.zip file. The only extra file you need is the Google Apps (gapps.zip) file.

Good luck!
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #17
JRANGER
Connoisseur
JRANGER began at the beginning.

Device: Edgejr
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
You don't need the Allmine zip, everything from Allmine is included in the update.zip file. The only extra file you need is the Google Apps (gapps.zip) file.

Good luck!
opps slight oversight...Flashing now
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #18
JRANGER
Connoisseur

Well it just shuts down on me when I try to flash it...Do i need to downgrade to dingo first? Or anything?
Old 12-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #19
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Well it just shuts down on me when I try to flash it...Do i need to downgrade to dingo first? Or anything?
If it shuts down, that means that there was a problem during the flashing. In the same directory as the update.zip file there should be an "update.log" file. Could you post it here (compressed, preferably, since it can be long)? That should give a clue on what happened. Thanks!

In theory, the upgrade should work over anything (I did it over Allmine), but there might be subtle bugs that don't appear in my PE.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #20
JRANGER
Connoisseur

here is the log file
Attached Files
File Type: zip update.zip (73.2 KB, 766 views)
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
here is the log file
From the log, it seems there is a problem with the gapps.zip file.
What is the filename in your case, does it have a space in it?

Try renaming it to "gapps.zip", make sure it is OK (test it in your computer from the installation media), and try again. If the PE power off again, post the new update.log file.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #22
JRANGER
Connoisseur

After re-downloading GAPPS and flash now im at the google setup.....

Last edited by JRANGER; 12-09-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #23
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
After re-downloading GAPPS and flash now im at the google setup.....
Cool! What happened? Did you see the instructions in the README file? You need to reboot once before doing the setup (or at least that's what I had to do).
Old 12-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #24
JRANGER
Connoisseur

I rebooted and skipped it to turn on wireless then i attempted and couldnt get it to connect. So i used the youtube login....Well now market is erroring out so im trying to double check over your instructions now
Old 12-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #25
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
I rebooted and skipped it to turn on wireless then i attempted and couldnt get it to connect. So i used the youtube login....Well now market is erroring out so im trying to double check over your instructions now
That is the same problem vicinc has had.
I would ask you to try and reflash again, reboot after the e-reader screen calibration, try to sign in and wait until the Setup Wizard asks you to connect to wifi. In my case, after that the setup up wizard could link my PE to my Google account.

I have the impression that once you use youtube to login, the market won't work. But I'm not an Android expert...
Old 12-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #26
JRANGER
Connoisseur

ok re-flashing now
Old 12-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #27
JRANGER
Connoisseur

can't establish a reliable data connection,,,gonna power it down again and try
Old 12-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #28
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
can't establish a reliable data connection,,,gonna power it down again and try
If it does not work, I have no idea at this point in time...

Are you in North America? If not, I wonder if that might be a reason.
Also, did you have your library on the internal storage or in the SD card?
Old 12-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #29
JRANGER
Connoisseur

North American and I never used the Library so lol
Old 12-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #30
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
North American and I never used the Library so lol
Ok, so it is not the geographic location. It could be the library, although it is kind of a stretch (when the library is external, the sdcard directory actually has the SD card) but it is the only thing on my mind now.

Once thing that might be useful, if you have adb access, is to see what logcat says when you are trying to connect to Google. That might have some info.

If you are still willing to try the library thing, you would have to reflash with a known good system (either golden Dingo or the golden Ermine I released), use the system to move the library to SD, and then reflash again with this update.

But I would say that the logcat info first would be more useful...