Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Nook and Android

They finally pried my flip phone from my cold live hands and I'm now using a Samsung S3. I've had it a few days and am still bumbling about so forgive me if my questions here are annoyingly simple.

As I'm learning more about android smartphones I was delighted to learn that I can download e and audible books directly onto my phone with the Overdrive app. About 95% of books I read are from Overdrive. Though I think I will stick to the NST for most of my reading, it will be handy to sneak some reading in on the phone as well. Especially when I'm in a bad lighting situation (I'm not impressed with the Glowlight-waiting for an improved 2.0).

Okay, long story short--can I sync up my Overdrive books between Nook and phone? I know there is a syncing feature from BN, but does it only work for books purchased from them? Right now, my "solution" is to download the library books to both devices and 1) remember where I left off or 2) check one device to confirm page location and then open it on the other device.

Any other tips and tricks you have concerning Android and Nook will also be highly appreciated!
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
billsfan2
Enthusiast
billsfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Nook HD+, Kindle PW 2015, Glowlight 3
I have only downloaded library books to my Nook Simple Touch. However I am guessing it is only possible to download one copy of a library book to one device. Would love to know if anyone has tried what you are suggesting. Also the sync feature on Nook only syncs Nook books to my knowledge.
billsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Thanks Bill. Overdrive allows you to download a book multiple times though?

Yeah, I have a feeling sideloaded items aren't going to sync. So far the only thing that has synched is the LA Times from BN. All my sideloaded stuff hasn't shown up on my android. I am using it though. I think reading on the phone for 10-20 minutes works for me and it means I can leave the Nook at home for daily and short commutes. It also means I don't have to buy the Glowlight in order to read in the dark metro stations. With the S3, I can leave 2 devices at home--my reader and mp3 player.

I also love being able to download from Overdrive on my phone. No sideloading for either e or audible books. The only hassle now is having to manually sync up bookmarks.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote