Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2017, 12:58 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
XP users do not apply.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:12 PM   #47
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
As for the glitchiness I mentioned with epub, it's the search that doesn't work. The search results are unable to 'jump' to the any results that reside in a file not in the ToC.

For testing of Kepub, the Non-toc files have to be inter-spaced with toc listed files. You will not notice the behaviour if there is only a single Toc list for the first file, or first half of book even. Also, you have to display progress for the whole book. There is no issue with Book progress per chapter, other than the little chart of chapter bar graph being off on current reading position.
For the search, I seldom search inside a book and I suspect I've never searched outside files covered in the ToC.

For the second, that would probably be why I haven't noticed the issue. My created ToCs cover all files from the first one entered in the ToC to the end of the ebook and I merge or split files as needed to keep each chapter in a single file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2017, 05:25 PM   #48
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
When I tried to convert an epub file to a kepub one, I got a message saying that the conversion had been successful. I then dragged and dropped the newly generated file onto my original Aura as per usual.

However, after safely ejecting my Aura, the title did not show up.

I thereupon tried rebooting the device to see if it would show up then. Nope.

I tried the same thing with two more epubs, but dragging and dropping them onto the external sd card this time to see if that would make a difference. Nope. None of them show up even after powering my Aura off and on again.

I then opened up Koreader to see if they showed up there. They do. However, if I try to open them up with Koreader, I get exited from Koreader and dumped back into the KSM.

I'm using a Windows 7 64bit computer to perform the conversion

My original Aura is running firmware version 3.19.5761.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:04 PM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I opened a kepubified file with Sigil, it complained about errors in every content file. This seems to be related to the XML prolog in the content files being commented out after kepubify has done it's thing.

From the original epub, the first lines are:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
In the kepubified version, I see:
Code:
<!-- ?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"? --><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en"><head>
Modifying the first line to change it back from being a comment allows the kepub to be edited without complaint though this comment should not affect the ability of a Kobo ereader to render the ebook.

Another minor nit doesn't affect my ability to read the epub but the uglifying of the source code is annoying -- is there a good reason for removing the EOLs?
Old 07-29-2017, 11:13 PM   #50
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Question Mark,
the program is currently working incorrectly on Windows. We are waiting for corrections.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2017, 11:23 PM   #51
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Question Mark,
the program is currently working incorrectly on Windows. We are waiting for corrections.
Oddly other than the issues I mentioned in a previous message, it is working for me under Windows 10 x64 converting reflowable epub2 files.

I did get garbage out when I attempted to convert a fixed layout epub3 to a .fxl.kepub.epub.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-29-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:59 PM   #52
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
It converts epub books to kepub, without errors. But Kobo does not see kepub afterwards.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:53 AM   #53
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Question Mark,
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing the kinks worked out. I can see this being a program which I will make a lot of use of.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #54
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Nope. Only Windows 7 and up.

Sent from my XT1527 using Tapatalk
Thanks.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #55
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I have fixed the XML tag issue: 46add9f69ee4d1e1c1a4b40bc272a2a0ebb1322a

I am currently debugging the issue on windows.

Last edited by geek1011; 08-08-2017 at 01:19 PM.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:33 AM   #56
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I have fixed the XML tag issue: 46add9f69ee4d1e1c1a4b40bc272a2a0ebb1322a

I am currently debugging the issue on windows.
Just wondering if you've been able to get the Windows version of your program working properly yet... Really looking forward to using it.

Thanks.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #57
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am still working on this when I have time.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #58
geek1011
Wizard

I still have not managed to find out the issue with windows. For now, only mac and linux work correctly. Help would be greatly appreciated with the windows issue. It seems that the container.xml in the zip somehow is not being stored correctly. This may be a golang bug.

Now for some good news: I have added series metadata updating support to kepubify. It currently only works on linux, but windows support is on the way. The command will get the series metadata from each book and update it in the kobo. I have tested it with firmware 4.6.9995 and 3.19.5761.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:07 AM   #59
ferossan
ferossan began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO, Nook Simple Touch, Nexus 7, Kobo Glo HD
Could you please add some directions how to install this in linux? What kind of file is the "kepubify-linux-64bit". Is it a .bin or .sh or what?
ferossan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:04 PM   #60
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferossan View Post
Could you please add some directions how to install this in linux? What kind of file is the "kepubify-linux-64bit". Is it a .bin or .sh or what?
A .bin.

1. chmod +x /path/to/kepubify-linux-64bit
2. /path/to/kepubify-linux-64bit /path/to/source.epub

It will output to the current dir.

Last edited by geek1011; 10-31-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Tags
conversion, epub, kepub, tool