Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-12-2018, 04:55 AM   #1
andrepicard
andrepicard began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Left column unfortunately shutted, how to restore it?

Hello,
I'm French so I apologize in advance for my English.
I've shut unfortunatly le teft column (the one with the sections) and I don't find how to erstore it. I've even uninstalled SIGIL then re-install it but when I open it it only display the text column and the rignt column (table of contents).
Can someone tell me how to restore the first column please ?
andrepicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:54 AM   #2
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
Alt+F1

Last edited by bravosx; 05-12-2018 at 06:00 AM.
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #3
andrepicard

Thumbs up thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosx View Post
Alt+F1
Short but helpfull eply... Thank you very much bravosx.
It génrates a floating column.
At the beginning it was an attached column. Do you know if it's possible to recover the original 3 attached columns organization ?
Even if you don't, your reply is very usefull at the moment;
Old 05-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #4
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Double-click the header of the floating panel. Or just drag it to the correct location, it will snap into place.

Hint: It doesn't HAVE to go on the left side. It will snap to other positions.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Drag the window(s) to the left/right until you see a blue highlight indicating where the window will be docked.

edit: doh! ninja'd
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:39 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Remember that Alt+F1 is merely the keyboard shortcut. All the standard Sigil widgets can be shown/hidden via the "View" menu.

Book Browser
Clips
Preview
Table of Contents
Validation Results.

Docking/Stacking/Tabbing/Floating them are entirely at the discretion of the user. Restoring them via the View menu (or its equivalent keyboard shortcut) will always bring them back to the same state they were in when they were hidden from view.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
andrepicard

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Double-click the header of the floating panel. Or just drag it to the correct location, it will snap into place.

Hint: It doesn't HAVE to go on the left side. It will snap to other positions.
Thank you very much. Dragging doesn(t work (9.9 version) but double-click yes I prefer to show the browser attached at the left. Have a good day.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #8
andrepicard

Thank you Turtle91. It hasn't worked so but double-click on the header works well. Thank you for your reply.

Last edited by andrepicard; 05-12-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #9
andrepicard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Remember that Alt+F1 is merely the keyboard shortcut. All the standard Sigil widgets can be shown/hidden via the "View" menu.

Book Browser
Clips
Preview
Table of Contents
Validation Results.

Docking/Stacking/Tabbing/Floating them are entirely at the discretion of the user. Restoring them via the View menu (or its equivalent keyboard shortcut) will always bring them back to the same state they were in when they were hidden from view.

Thank you very much for these comprehensive reply. I'd not find yet an instructions for use SIGIL manual, that's why I'm glad to have found this forum.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:14 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@andrepicard - an updated version of the manual is attached to this post ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...13#post3686313

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #11
andrepicard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@andrepicard - an updated version of the manual is attached to this post ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...13#post3686313

BR
Thank you very much I'll read it. Have a good day.

Tags
column, columns, left column