Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
crouton
Try me on salads!
crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle keyboard
No glyph available error and cannot compress png images

Sorry for combining two problems but figured this was better than 2 threads.

Issue 1: When editing some books and using "subset all fonts" I get an error "no glyph available" but the error diagnostic info does not tell me which font does not have a glyph available. Any way to find this out?

Issue 2: When editing any book with png files for images and choosing the compress images losslessly option there are 10-12 processes open for OptiPNG and they all get stuck. The only way to get through this edit process is to randomly force quit some of the optipng processes. The processes all run at 90-100% of my CPU. Books which have jpg images do not have this problem. I have quite a few books that are full of images (cookbooks) which are presented in PNG, sometimes there are over 200 png images sometimes less than 50. If I force quit the processes I have to go through randomly and find the files that were not compressed and then resize manually. Any way to fix this?

Using OS X El Capitan and latest version of Calibre (no updates available)

Thank you
crouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. No there isn't, those warnings come from HTML rendering library (Qt WebKit) calibre uses.

2. optipng can be slow, just wait for it to complete. optipng works by basically redoing the compression on the PNG fiels repeatedly trying different paramemter values.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert