Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
so it's "please buy our KIndle e-readers but we will not guarantee them to last for more than a year nor will we let anyone on our site sell you an extended warranty"- and PS if you were thinking of getting a new tablet or a new phone from us we will give you the same shoddy treatment.
An extended warranty is not a guarantee; it's an insurance policy providing cover against accidental damage. I guess Amazon has decided they don't want to be in the insurance business, but there are lots of companies who are.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #32
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
ok - i predict that Amazon are booting the 3rd party insurance sellers off of their site because they have a secret project to launch their own plans soon ( and that most of their staff are unaware )
Amazon are big enough to basically self insure and take a big slice of the consumer goods extended warranties market - which is still pretty inefficient and overpriced ( that's what i recall the last govt look see concluding http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/24447578)

* [ with the notable exception of richer sounds supercover which is amazingly good value and always has been - 10% Of purchase prices gets you 5 years no quible and you could even trade in the policy towards new stuff if ytou never used it ]

Showing the most relevant results. See all results for extended warranty.
Product Details
3-Year Kindle Paperwhite Protection Plan with Accident & Theft Cover, UK customers only
by Canopy
Currently unavailable
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2017, 01:04 PM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting discovery, and I think your theory is very likely true!
Old 11-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #34
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
josieb1 - how did you wrangle a free 3 year D&G warranty with your credit card ?? Maybe it's time for a new credit card here
Sorry it's a very old credit card. HSBC Platinum, its hubbys. Free extra two year warranty on up to six items per year, except anything Apple, or tablets. Accidental damage coverage is from registration for three years, the two years coverage follows the manufacturers period, so for 1 year we get three years. They've always included ereaders. I've covered Kobo's as well as Kindles. Never had to call on it though
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:31 AM   #35
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

got this back from John Lweis today -0 much better news
its looking like a Kobo christmas
"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that accidental damage does cover the screen. ..., I can confirm we here at Added Care do not use Kobo, all repairs are carried out by our private engineers."

Last edited by stumped; 11-15-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Advert
Old 11-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #36
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Sorry it's a very old credit card. HSBC Platinum, its hubbys. Free extra two year warranty on up to six items per year, except anything Apple, or tablets.
I am pretty sure I used to have one of those back in the day, when i still worked for them , but ditched it, and never noticed that perk
that's an interesting little perk though , I may take a look around to see if anyone else does anything similar

I wonder why they exlcude apple ? - too unreliable or some silly apple rule about no one messes with our product offerings
Old 11-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
I wonder why they exlcude apple ? - too unreliable or some silly apple rule about no one messes with our product offerings
Apple kit is the very opposite of "unreliable", so it's certainly not that.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:00 PM   #38
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Still in the US Store

In case it wasn't mentioned elsewhere, it is still in the US and China stores. Sorry it doesn't help you but I am glad it isn't missing due to some premeditated quality concerns.

Aluminum is not only cooler to the touch and lacking grip but it also transmits vibration more than plastic. I have 3 weeks left to buy...glad I am not the only one concerned!
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:54 AM   #39
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
In case it wasn't mentioned elsewhere, it is still in the US and China stores. Sorry it doesn't help you but I am glad it isn't missing due to some premeditated quality concerns.

Aluminum is not only cooler to the touch and lacking grip but it also transmits vibration more than plastic. I have 3 weeks left to buy...glad I am not the only one concerned!
the kobo a1 is showing up again in the amazon uk store, but I will buy from John Lewis instead for the much better after care, as per this whole thread
[ unless there is some stunning amazon only back friday only discount next week ]