Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #1771
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Thanks! I’ll give other translators a bit and release a new version once more people have had a chance to add some translations.
I did the french one
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:40 AM   #1772
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Hi there,
First of all, thanks for the great work...

I saw that the count of pages (page number - full book) was a bit strange when using extended driver.
Is it me ? Extended driver ? kepub ?

I just would love to have a correct "I'm on page X, and book get Y total pages"

Thanks for help
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2017, 05:26 AM   #1773
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
I saw that the count of pages (page number - full book) was a bit strange when using extended driver.
Is it me ? Extended driver ? kepub ?

I just would love to have a correct "I'm on page X, and book get Y total pages"
Kepubs show the page as per chapters. So, the "Page x of y" is where you are within the chapter. Plus, each screen is a page. There is an option in the Reading Settings to change to per book page count. Which is basically the same method used for epubs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:05 AM   #1774
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Kepubs show the page as per chapters. So, the "Page x of y" is where you are within the chapter. Plus, each screen is a page. There is an option in the Reading Settings to change to per book page count. Which is basically the same method used for epubs.
Yeah, I saw that.
But as page x of y per chapter looks perfect, page x of y on the entire book look buggy : the numbers goes from 4 to 15 then back to 6... (for exemple). I saw that on every books.
So I wonder if there is a way to have to correct count (screen count) for the entire book.

Last edited by stanlefor; 11-20-2017 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #1775
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
But as page x of y per chapter looks perfect, page x of y on the entire book look buggy : the numbers goes from 4 to 15 then back to 6... (for exemple). I saw that on every books.
So I wonder if there is a way to have to correct count (screen count) for the entire book.
There is no way to get screen count for the full book, unless the book is just one big chapter.

For the per-book page count, it is actually a ToC problem. The specs say that there should be a one-to-one relationship between the ToC and the internal files. If there isn't then you get problems like this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2017, 08:52 AM   #1776
stanlefor
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is no way to get screen count for the full book, unless the book is just one big chapter.

For the per-book page count, it is actually a ToC problem. The specs say that there should be a one-to-one relationship between the ToC and the internal files. If there isn't then you get problems like this.
Indeed, it works.
Thanks a lot
Old 12-06-2017, 11:59 AM   #1777
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I see that the release note say you added new translations in the latest version, but the translations that were done on launchpad don't seem to be updated.
(you might have intended to add them later, in that case just ignore my message)
Old 12-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #1778
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I intended to include new translations, and the commit log says 7 languages have updates… so I dunno what happened there but for every release I pull translations from launchpad just in case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:35 AM   #1779
Nicolas F
Groupie

I tried playing with the launchpad translation to no avail, but actually the answer was simpler:
The translations files are fine, but it seems you forgot to call load_translations() from koboextended_config.py
Old 12-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #1780
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well that would explain a lot

https://bitbucket.org/jgoguen/calibr...all-files-with
Old 01-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #1781
mbadet
mbadet began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA ONE
Hi all,

I have some issues in using kobotouch extended driver with my Kobo Aura One.
For few books, I obtain an error message when I try to transfer them to the Kobo. The problem is always present for theses ebooks but never for the other ones.

Example of error message:

calibre, version 3.15.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le périphérique

Échec de l'analyse de 'Ces femmes du Grand Siècle' par 'Benzoni, Juliette' avec l'erreur : 'OEBPS/Text/rights_1457300104000.xhtml' (fichier : calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, ligne : 442)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 591, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 396, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2017, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 279, in _modify_epub
InvalidEPub: Échec de l'analyse de 'Ces femmes du Grand Siècle' par 'Benzoni, Juliette' avec l'erreur : 'OEBPS/Text/rights_1457300104000.xhtml' (fichier : calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, ligne : 442)

Do you have an idea about this issue?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards.

Michel
mbadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:14 AM   #1782
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

This tends to point to a problem in the book itself. If you use calibre to convert from ePub to ePub (yes, same format for both) does that fix the problem?
Old 01-13-2018, 04:55 AM   #1783
mbadet

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Yes, the issue was linked to a wrong epub format. I have converted (within calibre) the book from epub to epub and after that, the load on my kobo was OK. The solution fixes the problem :-).

Do you know a tool to check an epub to find were is the problem when the epub format isn't correct?

Have a nice day.

Michel
Old 01-14-2018, 06:23 AM   #1784
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadet View Post
Thanks a lot for your answer.

Yes, the issue was linked to a wrong epub format. I have converted (within calibre) the book from epub to epub and after that, the load on my kobo was OK. The solution fixes the problem :-).

Do you know a tool to check an epub to find were is the problem when the epub format isn't correct?

Have a nice day.

Michel
Install the epubcheck plugin and use that in the Calibre editor to check for errors.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #1785
mbadet

Thanks a lot for your help.
BR
Michel

Tags
error, kobo aura one