Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
SD card in Kindle Fire

My friend at work as the latest Kindle Fire. She wants to know if she can store books (purchased from other places and converted to mobi) on the Micro SD card? If so where are they stored at?

Thanks in Advance.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
depending on the book format she can get a app the can read the format on her fire. The app would have it's own folder. you can use calibre to change the book to mobi. I place them in my documents. She would need to use the Doc app to read the mobi's. Hope this helps
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:11 AM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Nope Doesn't work! e-books have to be stored on the Main drive. Other wise You cant read them.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
DarkLordCorwin
DarkLordCorwin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire (5th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Nope Doesn't work! e-books have to be stored on the Main drive. Other wise You cant read them.
Just in case anyone is looking at this, this is no longer true. I store all my books both downloaded directly from Amazon and sideloaded onto the device from Calibre on my SD Card. They all show up in my library with no problems. I'm still having issues with the metadata plugboards but I don't know if that's my syntax or the fact that the books are stored on the SD Card rather than the Main Memory.
DarkLordCorwin is offline   Reply With Quote