Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #91
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Mine updated all on its own. Seems to be a bit faster.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #92
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
What does personal docs do with documents the kindle can't read? Like doc or ePub? Does it reject it?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #93
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
What does personal docs do with documents the kindle can't read? Like doc or ePub? Does it reject it?
You just get an email back saying that the file(s) couldn't be converted.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #94
Harlock415
Connoisseur
Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
Anything you send to your <YOURNAMEHERE>@free.kindle.com or @kindle.com, will be stored by Amazon.

If the file is a .mobi or .azw, Amazon will also synchronize your last page read between compatible devices (currently Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, Kindle (4th generation) and Kindle Fire).

Any books that you have purchased/downloaded for free without DRM should be fine to send to Amazon.
I figure that. My issue would be the privacy of my DRM-removed files. I don't want any emails from Amazon claiming I don't have rights to certain mobi files in my collection, especially if they are books on market with drm removed.
Harlock415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlock415 View Post
I figure that. My issue would be the privacy of my DRM-removed files. I don't want any emails from Amazon claiming I don't have rights to certain mobi files in my collection, especially if they are books on market with drm removed.
You don't have worry about that with them. Alot of us send converted books from other formats to our Kindle. I have even removed Kindle DRM to fix books with bad formatting. Like today I purchased a book that was by a well known publisher but the book was in such horrible shape. I had to use Calibre to fix it before I could read it. I did get the book on sale so I won't grumble about it too much.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #96
bluesplayer
bluesplayer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yifanlu or NiluJe

I haven't looked at hacks or updates since about Feb. I have a K3G with firmware 3.1, jailbreak (Yifanlu's) 0.3 with the "ENABLE_HACKS_UPDATE" empty file "method") and SS hack 0.20.N and that's it.

I just tried to install Yifanlu's 0.5 hack before trying the recent Amazon 3.3 but 0.5 failed to install (U004) - no big deal. Is that because .5 cannot be installed over .4?

If so can Yifanlu's 0.4 be installed OVER 0.3 then in-turn install 0 .5 over 0.4?

I suspect it is not a good idea to actually try installing Amazon 3.3 OVER that much older 0.3 JB so I won;t even try

I was curious about updating to Amazons' 3.3 just "in case"
Thanks
bluesplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #97
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@bluesplayer: Uninstall your current jailbreak (and restart your Kindle) before installing an updated version.

I'm not that familiar with the versions of yifanlu's jailbreak (check the changelogs), but you might not even need to do a thing (besides killing the ENABLE_HACKS_UPDATE file) to update your Kindle and still have a working jailbreak.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #98
bluesplayer
bluesplayer began at the beginning.

Actually that worked even for such an "old" JB

I rsimply removed the "ENABLE_HACKS_UPDATE" file, allowed the Amazon 3.3 to download, performed the update like you are suppose to do (from the "menu -> settings - > menu -> "update your kindle") took a while (it's a big update)and kindle "booted" twice btu all was fine
MY SS hack still works.

So I then but back the ENABLE_HACKS_UPDATE empty file (just so I could still "block" future Amazon firmware push's, I completely bypassed 3.2, unless I want to update it.)

as a sidenote: I went out to Best Buy and bought the on-sale and really cheap $89 keyboard 3G/w SO Kindle (I really have no desire for touch screen or color ebook reader) - "just becasue" a $89 3g Kindle is a STEAL. (I'll probably give it to wife).
bluesplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #99
MissileTech
MissileTech began at the beginning.

Did Amazon rename the Kindle Version 3 to the Kindle Keyboard? Does software update 4.01 pertain to all kindles.
MissileTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #100
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissileTech View Post
Did Amazon rename the Kindle Version 3 to the Kindle Keyboard? Does software update 4.01 pertain to all kindles.
Yes, kindle keyboard is the same as Kindle 3.

No, 4.01 is just for the kindle non-touch (Basic kindle 4).

Last edited by tovare; 01-04-2012 at 08:56 AM.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote