Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
pedz
Nameless Being

Converting PDF to pdb for nook

I took a pdf and loaded it into Calibre. I then converted it to pdb. Last I uploaded it to my nook. All that went fine.

When I try to open the book on the nook, the typical DRM screen appears asking for my name and credit card number. But there should not be any DRM on the file.

Is this a nook problem? Or does Calibre add DRM? I looked for some default DRM keys that it might add but could not find anything.

If its a nook problem, I'll go post on their forum. The reason I tried it is I'm trying various formats with this big ugly pdf I have for html5 and so far, on the nook, no matter what format I pick, it is not very useful.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedz View Post
does Calibre add DRM?
Calibre never adds DRM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
GeekDrop
GeekDrop began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro, Note 3.
I Just noticed the same issue, I converted a chm and a pdf to pdb files, one was converted to pdb by abc amber chm converter, and the other by calibre, both were moved onto the nook via calibre, neither were drm protected, and both give the drm message when trying to read them on the nook. Im thinking it's something to do with the pdb format.
GeekDrop is offline   Reply With Quote