Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #16
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Has anyone managed to load a custom drm free mobipocket dictionary in the new Kindle app?
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #17
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl123 View Post
Has anyone managed to load a custom drm free mobipocket dictionary in the new Kindle app?
Take a look atthis
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 AM   #18
owl123
Addict

Jonimeesermann: Thanks but I'd like to replace the default Kindle dictionary with another one.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #19
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Why? I think the dictionary that came with Kindle (New Oxford American dictionary) is pretty sufficient. Or do you need another language dictionary?

I'm not sure how to do that, I tried my own dictionary that I have since Mobipocket days and still the kindle app point to the default dictionary. I tried with mobi2mobi to fix metadata, but still won't work.
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #20
owl123
Addict

Yeah, another language dictionary is what I need.

I've already tried replacing the original .azw file with my Mobipocket dictionary but the app doesn't seem to recognize it.
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #21
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Is there any way to copy a selection from within the Kindle app and then email it or paste it into another app?

I just preordered the new Kindle 3 wifi and wonder if this is possible with that Kindle?
Thanks.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #22
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
Is there any way to copy a selection from within the Kindle app and then email it or paste it into another app?
I could not copy text from the Kindle app on the iPad.
I could not copy text from a DRMed book I bought thru iBooks.
I could copy text from a non-DRMed ePub I loaded into iBooks. (Basically after you select text in iBooks, it "Copy" is an option only on non-DRMed content).
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #23
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I could not copy text from the Kindle app on the iPad.
I could not copy text from a DRMed book I bought thru iBooks.
I could copy text from a non-DRMed ePub I loaded into iBooks. (Basically after you select text in iBooks, it "Copy" is an option only on non-DRMed content).
That makes sense because of DRM issues. Much like protected PDF files.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #24
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
That makes sense because of DRM issues. Much like protected PDF files.
Yes. I guess the question is whether the Kindle App supports "copy" at all. I know people have figured out how to sideload non-DRM content into it, but since it isn't supported by Amazon yet officially, can you "copy" from those books?

Another sidelight of Amazon not officially supporting sideloaded books yet-their page-syncing feature apparently doesn't work for those books either, only Amazon bought books? One thing I do like about iBooks is that it can sync any ePub between devices.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote