Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-30-2021, 10:37 AM   #2791
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Butterface by Avery Flynn is currently free. This is an Entangled deal so most likely is free everywhere.

Spoiler:
It’s true. I’m not what most people would call “pretty” and, well, high school was rough. Fast forward ten years and life is good…

Until a bunch of jerks think it’s hilarious to put the “butterface” (AKA me) on a wedding Kiss Cam with the hottest guy ever—and that old humiliation hits hard.

I recognize him immediately. The sexiest cop in Waterbury and totally out of my league.

But then he kisses me. And we totally forget the room, the crowd, everything.

Then he tells everyone we’ve been dating for months.

Soon everything starts to feel too real, from adorable fights over “necessary” tools to fix my broken porch to surviving a free-for-all dinner with his six siblings to picking up where our last kiss left off.

But there’s something he’s not telling me about why he’s really hanging around, and I’m pretty sure it has to do with my mob-connected brothers.

Because this is not a make-over story, and Cinderella is only a fairy tale…
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:31 AM   #2792
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Butterface by Avery Flynn is currently free. This is an Entangled deal so most likely is free everywhere.
My SO was interested in this one but a quick check showed it was picked up as a freebie from Kobo in Jan. 2019.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2021, 01:43 PM   #2793
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The first eight titles in KF Breene's Demon Days, Vampire Nights series are free right now at Kindle US and UK, probably in honor of the next two titles, which are coming out on July 2 and July 30 respectively. If you liked the titles in Breene's Leveling Up series, as recommended by @worktolive here, here's your chance (and mine!) to try one of her other series for free! And not just try, but read all the titles that are out so far!

They're also KU, but this way you can own and read whenever you wish.

And finally, the series page has a "buy all" button that's pretty handy if you need several/all, as I did...

Kindle US series page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083YTGJQQ...eries_rwt_tkin
Kindle UK series page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/kindle/s...dp_rwt_sb_tkin

Last edited by sufue; 06-30-2021 at 01:55 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:54 PM   #2794
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Books 3, 4, and 5 in the Fire's Edge series by Abigail Owen have dropped to $1.99/£1.83 at Kindle US/UK respectively. And the first book remains a long term freebie (links here in @worktolive's post), and the second is also inexpensive ($1.99/£1.42) at Kindle US and UK. Oddly, if you prefer ePub, the first is free at Kobo US, and the last three are $1.99 there as well, but the second is $3.99. Go figure - looks like a pricing issue to me...

The titles are: The Mate, The Boss, The Rookie, The Enforcer, and The Protector. And here are series or search links:

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...kindle_edition
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/kindle/s...F8&ref_=sr_1_6
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?qu...gail+Owen+edge
Old 06-30-2021, 02:29 PM   #2795
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
The first eight titles in KF Breene's Demon Days, Vampire Nights series are free right now at Kindle US and UK, probably in honor of the next two titles, which are coming out on July 2 and July 30 respectively. If you liked the titles in Breene's Leveling Up series, as recommended by @worktolive here, here's your chance (and mine!) to try one of her other series for free! And not just try, but read all the titles that are out so far!

They're also KU, but this way you can own and read whenever you wish.

And finally, the series page has a "buy all" button that's pretty handy if you need several/all, as I did...
For what it may be worth, the 8 books are also free from Amazon CA though the series purchase link is not available.

Amazon.ca: Demon Days, Vampire Nights
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2021, 12:30 PM   #2796
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
My Name Is Memory By Ann Brashares $1.99 Amazon, Kobo and B&N
Fantasy; Cross posting in Scifi/Fantasy. Repeated reincarnation

Quote:
From the New York Times bestselling author of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants comes a magical story of eternal love with over 8,000 five-star ratings on Goodreads: Daniel and Sophia are reincarnated through history, always falling in love, but only he ever remembers… until today.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:37 PM   #2797
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
My Name Is Memory By Ann Brashares $1.99 Amazon, Kobo and B&N
Fantasy; Cross posting in Scifi/Fantasy. Repeated reincarnation
£2.99. Amazon UK. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/My-Name-M...al-text&sr=1-3
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 09:23 PM   #2798
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Demon Blood (The Guardians #6) by Meljean Brook (B-/3 stars)
  • Demon Marked (The Guardians #7) by Meljean Brook (A/5 stars)
  • Ascension (The Guardians #7.5) by Meljean Brook (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
None.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:35 AM   #2799
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me is my favorite of Mariana Zapata's books, with a few others quite close. One of the "quite close" ones is Hands Down, which is a spin-off from Winnipeg, featuring one of the secondary characters in that book, Zac Travis. It's on sale right now for £0.99 at Kindle UK.

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08C9X5R1G
Kindle UK/Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08C9X5R1G

Spoiler:
Quote:
Before he was “Big Texas,” he was “Zac the Snack Pack.”

Bianca Brannen knows time—mostly—heals all wounds. Including those your once loved ones might have unintentionally given you. (Those just take longer.)

She thinks she’s ready when a call has her walking back into her old friend’s life. Or at least as prepared as possible to see the starting quarterback in the National Football Organization. Before the lights, the fans, and the millions, he’d been a skinny kid with a heart of gold.

Waltzing out of Zac Travis’s life should be easy. Just as easy as he walked out of hers.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:49 AM   #2800
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

If you missed this back in 2019, when @BuyMore posted it, Lake Silence is now on sale for $2.99 in the US and £1.99 in the UK...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071X2K4S6
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/lake-silence
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lake-Silenc...dp/B071X2K4S6/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post
Lake Silence (The World of the Others #1) by Anne Bishop is currently on sale at $1.99.

Amazon | Kobo
Old 07-08-2021, 11:47 PM   #2801
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A couple of books are on sale for $0.99 that I really enjoyed.

Repeat by Kylie Scott

Spoiler:
When a vicious attack leaves 25-year-old Clementine Johns with no memory, she's forced to start over. Now she has to figure out who she was and why she made the choices she did - which includes leaving the supposed love of her life, tattoo artist Ed Larsen, only a month before.

Ed can hardly believe it when his ex shows up at his tattoo parlor with no memory of their past, asking about the breakup that nearly destroyed him. The last thing he needs is more heartache, but he can't seem to let her go again. Should they walk away for good, or does their love deserve a repeat performance?

Just a Little Bet by Tawna Fenske

Spoiler:
After a night of too many drinks, smokejumper Tony Warren and his best friend, photographer Kayla Gladney, come to the realization that they’re both bad at love. They even tried dating each other, but that crashed and burned, too. Now he’s got the hangover from hell and the certain conclusion he’s just a shit boyfriend. But Kayla thinks he’s a straight-up commitment-phobe.

So they make a bet—they’re going to hunt down his exes and decide once and for all why he’s so unlucky in love. Terrible boyfriend or commitment-phobe. Why does either answer feel like he’s still losing?

But between roadside burgers and late night detours, they discover some fires never burn out—like the one slowly smoldering between them. And suddenly losing feels a whole lot like winning again.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:56 AM   #2802
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Grr. My Samsung tablet updated Calibre Companion again even though I did not select it to update. It's the second time it has done this and it is fixable but such a PITA to do so.
Old 07-10-2021, 01:24 PM   #2803
worktolive
Guru

This is a cute romcom, set in Scotland and currently FREE. I've read several books by this author and enjoyed all of them.

Can't Tie Me Down! by Janet Elizabeth Henderson

Spoiler:
There aren't many jobs available in the tiny village of Arness, Scotland, which is why Mairi Sinclair works online—as a virtual girlfriend. For a weekly fee, she emails, messages and sends photos to desk-bound geeks around the world. Nothing dodgy, mind you, she keeps her clothes on! Mairi loves her job, because the last thing she wants is to be tied down to one man forever. Life is so much simpler when you can keep men at a distance.

And that's why she's upset when her virtual boyfriends start turning up in town. Someone has hacked her online presence and given out her real life address. To make matters worse, they've told the world that she's looking for a husband and the first virtual boyfriend to romance her properly will win the role in real life. Mairi needs help to fend off the hordes. She needs help to hide and find out who sold out her details. Fortunately, local mechanic and one time boyfriend, Keir McKenzie, is more than willing to help her—for a price.

He too wants a chance to win Mairi's heart and tie her down forever.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:37 PM   #2804
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians #8) by Meljean Brook (A-/5 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 7-11.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	188140  
Old 07-18-2021, 04:00 PM   #2805
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company #1) by Ruby Lionsdrake (A/5 stars)
  • Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company #2) by Ruby Lionsdrake (B/4 stars)
  • The Assassin’s Salvation (Mandrake Company #3) by Ruby Lionsdrake (A/5 stars)
  • The Ruins of Karzelek (Mandrake Company #4) by Ruby Lionsdrake (B/4 stars)
  • Mercenary Courage (Mandrake Company #5) by Ruby Lionsdrake (A/5 stars)
  • The Tracker’s Dilemma (Mandrake Company #7) by Ruby Lionsdrake (C+/3 stars)

I also reread The Pirate Captain's Daughter (#6) and Quashi (#7.5)

Purchased:
none