Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #46
Lepricon
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
When you do get it, contribute a surface image of the USB storage area.
PM me for details on how to do that.

That is the only price I am asking, contribute to the effort.

Just because you do not have to spend money on it does not mean it is free.
No problem with that. Actually I thought to help when I receive it.
But there are two problems. English is not my native language. I can fully understand it but my grammar is awful. Second, if within the research I lose the jb, it is not that simple to me to change kindle like coplate did.
But I can do anything that is without danger to lose the jb. Like sending image etc. And I want to help.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #47
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Sorry, I wouldn't feel confident doing that on my own. Happy to follow a translator's instructions though.

EDIT: One other change I forgot to mention -- my Kindle shipped with Special Offers, but I had them removed.
Since making that post, I learned that you can't do what is required.
As soon as a removable USB storage is plugged into a MacOSx system, it's "Spotlight" process writes a lot of metadata index files to it.
Which stand a good chance of overwriting the things we are looking for.

Linux or Windows do just fine.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2017, 03:40 AM   #48
Lepricon
Nameless Being

Just received mine.

32GB Wi-Fi+Cellular, Shipped from USA
Serial: G000S1
Firmware: 5.9.0.6 (3234010012)
Old 11-11-2017, 04:51 AM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepricon View Post
Just received mine.

32GB Wi-Fi+Cellular, Shipped from USA
Serial: G000S1
Firmware: 5.9.0.6 (3234010012)
Added to nickname table.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:30 PM   #50
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
How is work on JB going?
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #51
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by makara View Post
How is work on JB going?
Just fine, have been able to JB the device since Nov. 1 (day after release).

But all of our add-ins have to be revised to account for the internal changes to system structure.

If you intend to JB your KOA2, as soon as you get it, do not let it connect to the Internet.

See: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/MyTestPage
Do the first ("Required") and optionally the second ("Recommended") sections.

If you have not received the device yet, and are willing to provide an image file of USB storage immediately after taking it out of the box, PM me.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #52
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

On my KAO2 firmware 5.9.0.5.1. I'll wait for the "official" JB for everyone. Thanks for the info.
I do not understand what it is "image file of USB storage" and will be ready to give it to you. Maybe this: G000 P8, 5.9.0.5.1 (3233590008)

Last edited by makara; 11-12-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:59 PM   #53
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
On my KAO2 firmware 5.9.0.5.1. I'll wait for the "official" JB for everyone. Thanks for the info.
I do not understand what it is "image file of USB storage" and will be ready to give it to you. Maybe this: G000 P8, 5.9.0.5.1 (3233590008)
You would not believe the number of "you did not mention it on the forum" messages I get.
So if I happened to tell somebody more that once ....
I am just CMA
Old 11-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #54
makara
Connoisseur

Hello. When can I put JB on my KAO2? Approximate dates.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #55
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Some time between now and next year.
Have patience please.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:48 PM   #56
makara
Connoisseur

OK! Thank you.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:49 PM   #57
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Now, for the device jailbreak.
But the second part, the "jailbreak survival code" works as is, but really needs some help before ready for the general public.
Kual and USBnetwork are sort of working, but need a good review.

Rescue Pack and the Coward's Rescue Pack add-on do not work on a KOA2.
There features will be wrapped into a re-write of USBnetworking.
These two items are of extreme importance on a device without the fallback of having a serial port (which the original Oasis does not have, and I can't think of any reason the new one would be any different).

So yeah, you could jail break it right now.
But you would still have to prevent it from updating until the other work is done.
AND
there is nothing built and tested to run on it.

All in all, a lot of work for someone who does not even have the device,
And is unlikely to ever have one, unless Santa Claus discovers:
https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2OWN8DZND65QT
Which is unlikely, since I stopped believing in him about 65 years ago.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:52 PM   #58
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
I accidentally flipped my Oasis2 off airplane and the stupid thing updated to 5.9.2
Doomed?
Should I return it then order another one?
knc1, any interest in me sending it to you so you could use it for awhile to figure out some of the testing?

S
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:03 AM   #59
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
I accidentally flipped my Oasis2 off airplane and the stupid thing updated to 5.9.2
Doomed?
Should I return it then order another one?
knc1, any interest in me sending it to you so you could use it for awhile to figure out some of the testing?

S
Look closely at it, maybe you'll see a reason to exchange it.
Maybe the screen or a difference in options.

Did you have the OTA blocking directory name in place when it updated?
If so, what firmware version HAD it been running?
Those two items are important information for us to know.

Someone already purchased the one on my wish list, it will be here Monday.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:05 PM   #60
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Look closely at it, maybe you'll see a reason to exchange it.
Maybe the screen or a difference in options.

Did you have the OTA blocking directory name in place when it updated?
If so, what firmware version HAD it been running?
Those two items are important information for us to know.

Someone already purchased the one on my wish list, it will be here Monday.
Good point.
No OTA blocking in place as I hadn't done anything to it as yet. I had it and was sure not to update it. Then I think a few nights ago when i was reading, I was messing with the lighting and accidentally flipped the airplane mode off.

Under device info:
G000 P812 7421 07F7
Kindle 5.9.2 (3250690044)
Can't recall what was on it last week, sadly

If there is likely no way to jailbreak this i'm going to return it. Thanks for any info and glad you're getting one on Monday.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote