Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Smaugikun
Smaugikun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle 30-day return policy

Okey, my kindle has screen problems... and after talking with the customer support, I was told they will replace it.

They advised me to send it back by 30-day return policy...
Now the question. What does 30-day means?
Does it mean I have time to send it till the last day (on the site, there's a button for returning an item and it says it's going to be open untill the 22 oct (the 30rd day from receiving my kindle in september) OR Does 30 days mean that they have to have it in their ware house by the 22 oct

I don't want to call their support again...I hate calling people...calling people speaking other language is even harder

Thank you for your help
Smaugikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
they probably told you they were going to send you a new one, yes? it is reasonable to keep the one you have until the new one arrives, but then you should return the original
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
Smaugikun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
they probably told you they were going to send you a new one, yes? it is reasonable to keep the one you have until the new one arrives, but then you should return the original
I was told on customer support I have two options.

Number 1: Return Kindle under the 30-day-return policy. You will get a coupon with which you will buy a new Kindle. Amazon will refund the customs taxes and postal fee for returning. The first method is slower but less complicated

Number 2: Amazon will send you another Kindle, which will also charge you (because I'm an international customer) for it. And when you will get the parcel, you will replace the new kindle with the old one, and send it back. You will get refunded (The second payment+all the fee).
The second method is more complicated and it would require to get another 160$(kindle + postage). I'm a student, so that's a no-go.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Smaugikun

Seems like you answered your own question, #1 is the best choice for you.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
Smaugikun

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Smaugikun

Seems like you answered your own question, #1 is the best choice for you.......

Thank you...

No, actually my question was:

what does 30 days mean? Does it mean that they have to GET the kindle BEFORE or ON the 30rd day... or does it mean i have to send it back BEFORE the 30rd day or ON that day?
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaugikun View Post
Thank you...

No, actually my question was:

what does 30 days mean? Does it mean that they have to GET the kindle BEFORE or ON the 30rd day... or does it mean i have to send it back BEFORE the 30rd day or ON that day?
I hesitate to give any advice if you feel you need to cut it that closely. no, I take that back... another phone call is my advice. they don't bite!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote