Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2016, 04:15 AM   #1
shadow_wings
Member
shadow_wings began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 10
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philippines
Device: Inkbook 8"
Any Inkbook 8" user here?

Hi! New Inkbook 8" user here and I really like it though it is only my 2nd ereader (after my wizlib gave up). My only complaint with this is that text and images are so grayish probably because it is only e-ink pearl, but overall reading books and manga is fine. Any other user here? Just want to know your experiences/feedback on using this device?
shadow_wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DaleDe's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,978
Karma: 12294882
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_wings View Post
Hi! New Inkbook 8" user here and I really like it though it is only my 2nd ereader (after my wizlib gave up). My only complaint with this is that text and images are so grayish probably because it is only e-ink pearl, but overall reading books and manga is fine. Any other user here? Just want to know your experiences/feedback on using this device?
I am not a user but I looked up the device and it looks very nice. I built a wiki entry for InkBOOK to make it easier to find.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:52 AM   #3
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something
 
Posts: 109
Karma: 18638
Join Date: Dec 2009
Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
How well does the Appstore work on Inkbook 8?

That is how easy it is to install and run additional apps?

Asking because Nate's review mention it is using different software than Icarus Illumina XL which uses the same hardware. http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/03/01/inkbook-8/

I see that currently inbook's European store is showing 179 Euro price: https://inkbook.eu/shop/inkbook-8/

Trying to come up with a reason not to buy it
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
shadow_wings
Member
shadow_wings began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 10
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philippines
Device: Inkbook 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
How well does the Appstore work on Inkbook 8?

That is how easy it is to install and run additional apps?

Asking because Nate's review mention it is using different software than Icarus Illumina XL which uses the same hardware. http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/03/01/inkbook-8/

I see that currently inbook's European store is showing 179 Euro price: https://inkbook.eu/shop/inkbook-8/

Trying to come up with a reason not to buy it
The Midiapolis store works great for me! I have installed moon reader, wikipedia, etc and all works fine. Btw you can install other stores such as google play and good ereader.
shadow_wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:53 AM   #5
aliaomt
Junior Member
aliaomt began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Dec 2016
Device: kindle
But some comments say that google play can not be installed unless root the device. Could anybody install google play without any problem?
Also, can you install apk files from sd card, in case the application did not found the default app store?
aliaomt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:15 AM   #6
elsana
Junior Member
elsana began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2017
Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaomt View Post
But some comments say that google play can not be installed unless root the device. Could anybody install google play without any problem?
Also, can you install apk files from sd card, in case the application did not found the default app store?
You can install apk files from the sd card.

But the google play can not be installed.
Even I root inkbook 8 and I install google play, but the google play is still not work.
elsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #7
alp66
Junior Member
alp66 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2017
Device: Inkbook 8''
How to root Inkbook 8''?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsana View Post
You can install apk files from the sd card.

But the google play can not be installed.
Even I root inkbook 8 and I install google play, but the google play is still not work.

Hello Elsana. Could you tell me how to root Inkbook 8''?
Thank you in advance
alp66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:55 AM   #8
elsana
Junior Member
elsana began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2017
Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alp66 View Post
Hello Elsana. Could you tell me how to root Inkbook 8''?
Thank you in advance
Hi alp66,
I use the 'Root Master 1.3.6_Cekas_Fix.apk'.

You could download it here.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=62

elsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:37 AM   #9
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
Posts: 81
Karma: 280
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Wroclaw
Device: inkBOOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_wings View Post
Hi! New Inkbook 8" user here and I really like it though it is only my 2nd ereader (after my wizlib gave up). My only complaint with this is that text and images are so grayish probably because it is only e-ink pearl, but overall reading books and manga is fine. Any other user here? Just want to know your experiences/feedback on using this device?
Shadow_wings, we are very happy that our product fell to your liking - comic books and manga are one of its main uses! If you have further questions, let us know!
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new feature in editor "install fonts" - user mistake or bug ratanplan Editor 6 04-21-2015 12:49 PM
question about "user defined usb device" plugin Kaverin Plugins 2 03-08-2014 09:59 PM
"User CP" not working [solved: clear browser cache] Jellby Feedback 21 04-11-2012 10:50 AM
Facebook asserts trademark on word "book" in new user agreement no.guru Lounge 4 03-29-2012 10:38 PM
Unutterably Silly Motiv für unsere social group "deutschsprachige User" ravenne Lounge 75 04-13-2009 02:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.