Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Kindle paperwhite third generation stuck on demo mode configure device screen.

Hi, I entered the ;demo command on my kindle paperwhite to enable demo mode because I wanted to experiment around with something. I was going through the setup screens for demo mode when my kindle froze. I restarted it by holding the power button and now a screen shows saying This demonstration device is either missing content or is disconnected from the network. It has an option to configure this device. When I tap configure this device nothing happens. I don't know what to do now. My kindle is stuck on that screen and I can't do anything. When I restart it it just goes to the same screen again.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:18 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA

Try letting it connect to a network.
IIRC, it has to download some files because "Demo Mode" does not contain everything it needs.

Last edited by knc1; 06-19-2017 at 09:45 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:27 PM   #3
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
IIRC, it has to download some files because "Demo Mode" does not contain everything it needs.installed?
Thanks!

Last edited by SKK; 06-19-2017 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last edited by knc1; 06-19-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #5
SKK
Addict

Quote:

IIRC, it has to download some files because "Demo Mode" does not contain everything it needs.
Okay. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2018, 11:11 AM   #6
Red DAN
Red DAN began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
Hello! I got the PV3 "Demo", and tried to unlock it according to the instructions:
1.; uzb - when connected it is seen as a drive
2. Download the firmware update (I download 5.9.4), write to the root folder.
3.; dsts - calls the menu - update
4. Reset to the factory settings.
Apparently, I did not do it right, and now I have an inscription on my screen:
"This demonstration device is either missing content or is disconnected from network", and I can not do anything else ...
Is it possible to unlock my Kindle?
Red DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:26 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

Read post #1 and #2
Old 02-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #8
Red DAN

I can not enter the settings, when I click on the screen, only the pictures change.
So, I can not connect to the network either ...
Old 02-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red DAN View Post
I can not enter the settings, when I click on the screen, only the pictures change.
So, I can not connect to the network either ...
In that case, your one choice is:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
Old 02-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #10
Red DAN

Thank you! The problem is solved.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:48 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red DAN View Post
Thank you! The problem is solved.
How?
You are expected to share your solution(s) to a problem for the benefit of other readers.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:00 AM   #12
Red DAN

I connected through the serial port. Got access to Kindle's memory, and wrote there an empty DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file. After that, my Kindle forgot that he was a DEMO)))
Old 06-17-2020, 11:04 AM   #13
ioargento
ioargento began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:

I've post a similar case in another thread. I dont understand how can I let it connect to a network if it's not configured, there is no way to force it to connect. Is there a failsafe wifi configuration that a Kindle can use?

Thanks!
ioargento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 01:03 PM   #14
ajkessel
Connoisseur
ajkessel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd Generation
The secret "double tap" gesture described here got me out of this locked state. Do a two-finger tap in the bottom right, then swipe left. May take a few tries to get it exactly right -- it's finicky.
ajkessel is offline   Reply With Quote