Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2021, 04:41 PM   #1
clisboa
clisboa doesn't litterclisboa doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Lightbulb [WIP] KoboMail - send ebooks by email to kobo devices

Hi folks,

Inspired by the send to kindle functionality I've taken this small endeavour to create something similar for kobo devices.
It's built in Go (my first program actually) and used bits and pieces of other solutions like KoboCloud, kobo-rclone and wallabako.
The way it works is by using Gmail trick that allows to send an email to user+kobo@gmail.com and the email is received on the user@gmail.com account.
This greatly simplifies any attempt to detect which emails are to be processed by the kobo device.

It's available here https://github.com/clisboa/KoboMail

Would appreciate if anyone takes a look at it and let me know of improvements .
I already have in mind using fbink to give more user feedback on what's happening behind the scenes, limiting the attachment types (it blindly saves any attachment) and allowing other email account types.

Have fun

Kind regards,
clisboa
clisboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
deleted

Last edited by ccadi; 10-11-2021 at 07:05 PM. Reason: found a better solution, don't wish to engage
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2021, 08:15 PM   #3
clisboa

New version which now uses optionally NickelDbus to trigger the library rescan without human intervention and also presents dialogs to inform the user how many ebooks were processed.
Old 11-20-2021, 12:02 PM   #4
clisboa

New version available:
* added hability to configure email search criteria by subject tag
* added hability to limit which filetypes we get from the emails found
* users can choose to run KoboMail automatically via UDEV rules (whenever Kobo device gets wifi) or manually via NickelMenu
* NickelDbus usage now requires new version 0.2.0 for dialog (if not present only logs will be written)
Old 11-22-2021, 01:58 AM   #5
LuQQ
LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.LuQQ is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
This is so cool,I'll try it later.
LuQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2022, 05:34 PM   #6
karnonlm
karnonlm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 5
This is incredibly useful to me. One thing I really miss on Kobo is the ability to automatically download email attatchments. With help of KoboMail, one can automatically parse RSS News and push to Kobo for offline reading. The automatic fetching is so important to me, as I am not always connectted to Wifi on the way.
karnonlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
email, golang, kobo, kobomail, send2kobo