Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-17-2021, 02:22 AM   #1
MarcDS
Enthusiast
MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.

Device: Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 Tablet, Samsung Phone
How to use my Calibre library on SD card

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) and updated the OS to Android version 8.1.0 and Samsung experience version 9.5.
I have copied my Calibre library from my PC to the SD card on the Samsung Tab. The Library is now in My Files > SD Card > Calibre Library > Calibre

I try to use this library with connect to Cloud (Library on device or SD Card). I am then asked Choose which library. When I continue I only see files on the device and I do not see a button to choose the SD Card.

What should I do to have CC find and load my Calibre library on the SD Card?
MarcDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:39 AM   #2
MarcDS
Enthusiast
MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.

One step further

Under settings storage I could format the SD card as internal storage. I copied the calibre library again from PC to the SD card. But now CC complains that library is read only. It then refers to a FAQ which does not solve this problem.
Help please
Advert
Old 06-17-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
CC has been abandoned. Read the other threads here.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:38 PM   #4
MarcDS
Enthusiast

Where is here?

Where is here in the msg of Deskisamess?
Old 06-17-2021, 10:06 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcDS View Post
Where is here in the msg of Deskisamess?
This forum of MobileRead where you are reading this reply.

Maybe even the first sticky post saying "CC is for sale"

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2021, 07:22 AM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcDS View Post
Under settings storage I could format the SD card as internal storage. I copied the calibre library again from PC to the SD card. But now CC complains that library is read only. It then refers to a FAQ which does not solve this problem.
Help please
I've never tried to use CC that way. I copy the books into CC via the Content Server function. You might have more success doing it that way. As far as I know, you actually have to use CC to copy the books into CC rather than store it in a local card. I don't think you can simply copy the Calibre onto a SD card and have it read it. You can connect via a Cloud drive, a Content Server or a wireless device.

MobileRead has a lot of different forums. There is this one, which is the Calbre Companion forum. Calibre has a forum as well.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sd card;