Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #16
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I did a search for my last two purchases, The Mermaid Murders by Josh Lanyon and Rag and Bone by KJ Charles and neither showed up.

Of course The Mermaid Murders brought up over 166000 results!!!!
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The announcement is now up on the Nook website:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/0...-to-sainsbury/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #18
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The announcement is now up on the Nook website:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/0...-to-sainsbury/
Thanks Nate. I had a quick look, the FAQs are very similar to the Fictionwise transfer in that your book will only transfer if Sainsburys has it. That's my library gone then. But still it might be okay for others.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Surely you have your library backed in in Calibre (or wherever)? Goodness knows you've been around long enough to know that your books are only safe if they're under your control. How many bookstores have we seen disappear in the last few years?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #20
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Surely you have your library backed in in Calibre (or wherever)? Goodness knows you've been around long enough to know that your books are only safe if they're under your control. How many bookstores have we seen disappear in the last few years?
Of course. I just find this whole 'let's transfer your library to somewhere less useful' quite bizarre. The original switch to Nook was barely useful and now Nook tossing us off to Sainsburys. Why bother. Why make out that ebooks are safe and the people you buy your books from can be trusted. That's all total rubbish.

I'm also not particularly happy that my personal details gets bandied around like its worth nothing. Yes I can ignore the email (if one ever turns up) but Nook will have still passed my details to Sainsburys, without my consent.

Last edited by Josieb1; 03-03-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Advert
Old 03-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #21
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I would expect Nook wouldn't just give all the data, I'd expect there to be an accept terms section which would give them the right to transfer the data.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #22
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My transfer from Fictionwise to Nook just plain didn't work, I got none of my books transferred, luckily they were already backed up...
Old 03-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #23
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
My transfer from Fictionwise to Nook just plain didn't work, I got none of my books transferred, luckily they were already backed up...
I got all from Fictionwise. I'm just happy I never invested in Nook. I think in all the ebook companies I've ever used Nook has been the biggest disappointment. They had potential but threw everything away.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #24
simond
Fanatic

The only thing I ever used it for was to get Asimov magazine downloaded as ePub, have had to transfer that to Amazon now unfortunately. Not expecting them to transfer magazines
Old 03-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got almost all my books transferred from FW but I've never bothered downloading them from nook. Like other posters, I had them safely stored elsewhere.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:09 PM   #26
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I was surprised that they kept the Nook UK store open this long. Sounds like BN is making several changes. In the US we were notified today that they are closing their Video store. No more movie and TV show rentals or purchase. They are transferring your video library purchases to two other services.

Quote:
NOOK will no longer support video streaming, download, and playback on NOOK devices, the NOOK Reading App for Android, or the NOOK Video app.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #27
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I just got this email. I was a little surprised, because I didn't think I actually had a nook account. I have a nook simple touch, but I don't recall ever visiting the store. I've only ever used it with sideloaded books.

I guess I must have implicitly set up an account somehow.

Anyway, I can't say I'm much bothered.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:10 PM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I just got this email. I was a little surprised, because I didn't think I actually had a nook account. I have a nook simple touch, but I don't recall ever visiting the store. I've only ever used it with sideloaded books.

I guess I must have implicitly set up an account somehow.

Anyway, I can't say I'm much bothered.
Did you buy any books from Fictionwise? Perhaps you gained a nook account when your FW books got transferred to nook. That's how I got mine.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:14 PM   #29
BretSingleton
Enthusiast
BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm not familiar of nook but it's too bad they are closing.
BretSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:27 PM   #30
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretSingleton View Post
I'm not familiar of nook but it's too bad they are closing.
Only outside the US. They think they can take on Amazon and stay in business by being US inclusive. Complete waste of a company.