Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-17-2021, 12:38 PM   #181
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
I decided to take the plunge and update manually.

So far it's okay I just have one thing that really bothers me. That's how the book covers are spaced in my library. It looks ridiculous with the big white spaces in the middle.

Can anyone tell me if they are more evenly spaced on the Oasis? Since it has a bigger screen.

I really hope they will fix this since I can't go back now.

Last edited by SusanReads; 10-17-2021 at 12:42 PM.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:56 PM   #182
Canis_lupus
Enthusiast
Canis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmos

Device: K2, K3, Touch, K5B, Voyage, PW4, Oasis 1, 2 & 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanReads View Post
I really hope they will fix this since I can't go back now.
Send Amazon feedback, they are going to be doing more updates on the new UI according to this page:

https://www.amazon.com/b/n=235994490...f_=as_li_ss_tl
Canis_lupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:08 AM   #183
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis_lupus View Post
Send Amazon feedback, they are going to be doing more updates on the new UI according to this page:

Dang, that new interface reminds me a lot of the PocketBook one. (You can also swipe on the PocketBook, though I never do. I always just tap the arrow.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0003.png
Views:	133
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	189699   Click image for larger version

Name:	dang.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	774.1 KB
ID:	189700   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0004.png
Views:	124
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	189701   Click image for larger version

Name:	dang2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	189702  

Last edited by rcentros; 10-19-2021 at 02:40 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:20 AM   #184
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis_lupus View Post

That doesn't look too bad actually.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:42 PM   #185
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
This has probably been covered tons of times where I miss it, but I was reading in an article's comment sections that the newest update seems to have removed this option:
Settings - Reading Options - Turn off popular notes and highlights

Anyone know where this is located currently?
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:48 PM   #186
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
This has probably been covered tons of times where I miss it, but I was reading in an article's comment sections that the newest update seems to have removed this option:
Settings - Reading Options - Turn off popular notes and highlights

Anyone know where this is located currently?
Open the Aa menu while reading a book. The option is under the "More" tab. (You may need to scroll the menu to see it.)
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:58 PM   #187
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
"while reading a book" -- does it turn it off for just that book, or for all books?

I don't use it at all.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:02 PM   #188
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
"while reading a book" -- does it turn it off for just that book, or for all books?

I don't use it at all.
It retains its setting between books. (Edit: I could have phrased that better. I mean the setting applies to all books. It is global.)

Amazon moved several options that pertain to reading from the Settings menu to the More tab of the Aa menu.

Last edited by jhowell; 10-19-2021 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:14 PM   #189
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thanks!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:46 PM   #190
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Open the Aa menu while reading a book. The option is under the "More" tab. (You may need to scroll the menu to see it.)
Thank you!
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #191
Zbigniev Hamson
Zbigniev Hamson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard) WiFi
Haven't used my PW4 in a while and just got this update (well, the next one) and... boy do I hate it. I was convinced there must be a "compact" setting to get more than 5 books per page in list view, so came here looking for how. I cannot believe this is just "how it is" and there's nothing I can do about it. It's atrocious.

My K3 from ten years ago, with the same size screen and lower screen resolution, manages to show TEN books per page in list view, and with a larger font, in a perfectly readable manner. 8 was reasonable before, but 5 is just f***ing ridiculous.

Last edited by Zbigniev Hamson; 11-04-2021 at 02:29 PM.
Zbigniev Hamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 06:57 AM   #192
happysnapper22
Connoisseur
happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 & PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Of course you can. And I'm going to. No way will I want this update on my Oasis.
A curious response, why don’t you want the update?
happysnapper22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:32 AM   #193
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysnapper22 View Post
A curious response, why don’t you want the update?
Because I use the list view exclusively and 5 items instead of 8 is a no-go.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:25 AM   #194
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Because I use the list view exclusively and 5 items instead of 8 is a no-go.
Exactly! Whose idiotic idea was it to drop from 8 to 5? And why haven't they put it back the way it was already? The inmates definitely have control of the asylum regarding this update.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 09:03 AM   #195
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Exactly! Whose idiotic idea was it to drop from 8 to 5? And why haven't they put it back the way it was already? The inmates definitely have control of the asylum regarding this update.
Amazon will soon be adding cover thumbnails to list view in order to match the way it is shown in the Android and iOS apps.

It seems likely that the drop in the number of items shown is a lead up to that change. I have no idea why they didn't just do both at the same time.